Chapter-10 Teenage crush

"Don't tell me you were checking out a college guy when you were a school girl!" Mahir stated negatively shaking his head making a weird expression.

Ahaana chuckled nodding her head "Well , in my defence I would say that I was a teenager at that time high on my hormones.." she spoke up.

"Still , isn't it weird?" He asked.
"Maybe but it felt good at the moment.."
"Then?"

At this Ahaana smiled nostalgically recalling the past memories when she was that immature school girl.

Flashback

5th May , 2017

"Hey!" A hand tapped her shoulder as she turned around to find Vidisha standing beside her.

Ahaana blinked trying to wash off the thoughts of that strange guy who captured her mind in such a short span of time.

"Um..Is the period over?" She asked as nervousness played with her.
Vidisha nodded her head as the whole class formed a line walking back towards their classroom.

Sitting on the second last seat of her class Ahaana tried to focus on whatever their psychology teacher was blabbering but all she got was failure as his grey eyes kept flashing in her mind.

"Ahaana!" She flinched hearing her name to see Avinash Mehta aka the bald oldie , their not so cool psychology teacher standing right infront of her desk.

"Um..Y..es. Sir ?" Standing up she fumbled as everybody in the class took keen interest in the drama going on.

Avinash Mehta fixed his glasses glaring at her sharply "Were you listening to what I was teaching?"

Obviously not! Her mind answered.
But Ahaana knew that saying it aloud would not do anything good. So she chose the best option available at the moment "Actually sir I am not feeling well.."

Vidisha who sat beside her narrowed her eyes at the excuse "Ha ha , loveria hua hai isko!" She mumbled to herself jokingly.

(Hmm , she is lovesick)

"Kya baat hai Vidisha beta? Bahot hasi arahi hai? Sab padh liya tumne?" The teacher asked sarcastically folding his arms over his chest making whole class laugh and the later look down at her textbook awkwardly.

(What the matter Vidisha? You are laughing a lot! Seems like you have studied everything , isn't it?)

"Ahaana , you go to the infirmary and take some rest.." He said diverting his attention to the hazel eyed girl who nodded her head walking out of the class.

•~
But Mumma..!" Ahana tried to protest only to earn a 'I dare you to try me!' glare from her mother who picked up a party dress and handed it over to her.

"I want no excuses ..You are coming with me.." Vedika stated firmly as she went on fixing her off purple saree paired with silver jewellery.

Ahana rolled her eyes knowing that her mother was a total party person. "I don't even know anyone there..!" She said attempting to change her mother's mind.

"Don't worry Bhavna is also coming with her mother.." Vedika spoke up combing her hair and then turned to her daughter.."Now go and get ready!"

On hearing the mention of one of her friend Ahana felt relieved and finally decided to embrace the chaos of party.

She changed and soon saw herself in a full length mirror wearing a glittery knee length dress.

Subconsciously her eyes scanned her body it wasn't the typical skinny figure other school girls had , she was a little chubby which somewhere raised an ounce of insecurity lest she decided to ignore it.

"Let's go!" Vedika announced holding her hand in one hand while locking the door with other.

The whole drive was Ahana turned silent as Vedika was busy talking with one of her friend. She knew her mother was exact opposite of her personality and knew that nothing can change this fact.

•~

As soon as the mother daughter duo stood in the middle of party hall Vedika joined her hands greeting her friend.

"Hey Vedika!" Amulya Suryavanshi exclaimed with enthusiasm and Ahana lifted her eyes up hearing a familiar voice.

Wait?! Is it.. Amulya Suryavanshi?

The wife of Aniket Suryavanshi? Who is our school director?

Is it some TV serial going on?

Ahana stared at the lady in front decked up in a red silk saree. She has seen Amulya a couple of times in school functions but seeing her here totally took her off guard.

"And this is my daughter , Ahaana.." Vedika introduced signalling towards the seventeen year old who joined her hands with an awkward smile while Amulya held her shoulders saying
"She looks exactly like you , Vedika."

And then turned around as if searching for someone. "Shivu! Vihaan!"

Soon the Suryavanshi brothers stood infront of them with a pleasent smile. Shivishth who was her classmate as well looked at her with surprise dancing in his eyes.

"My god , Ahana! What a surprise!" He exclaimed with a grin.

"Same for me , Shivishth.." she replied eyeing Vihaan who was having a conversation with Vedika

Vedika looked at both the boys before she said "I must say both of your kids are so well behaved.."

Shivishth enthusiastically held Ahana's hand showing her around while Vihaan tried to busy himself with his friends but somewhere his eyes again and again diverted towards the girl who was strolling around with his brother.

•~