Chapter-5 Tangled relations

Vihaan's POV

"Ahaana!atleast tell me where are you taking me?" I questioned as I couldn't see anything due to the blindfold over my eyes.

"Uff! Be a little patient , Suryavanshi ji!" She said holding onto my hand guiding me through the way.

Soon I felt the blindfold getting off my eyes and I could see the mesmerizing site infront of my eyes .

It was Marine drive , my favourite place in the entire Mumbai and sunset just enhanced it's beauty.

I then looked beside me to see her standing in a sky blue kurta with a bindi on her forehead while her hairs plated in a messy way.

She glanced at me with pure admiration in her hazel eyes and I couldn't help but feel a smile tugging at my lips.

"I love you.." She said out of the blue making my breath hitch for a second.
Love?! I felt too stunned to react and didn't knew what to reply.

I liked her , alot . Maybe it was something more than  friendship but love? I wasn't really sure.

I snapped out of my trance only to find Ahaana looking at me nervously fondling her fingers. I don't wanna break her heart , I really don't want to!

"Umm..I like you too Ahana." I stated with a blank face and she smiled widely at me before excitedly holding my hands and twirling both of us around.

So much so that my head almost spinned but her giggles were so melodious that I didn't even realised my sickness.

"Yes! Yes! Finally! I knew it from the start!" Jumping on the footpath Ahaana stretched her arms widely closing her eyes with the most sweetest smile ever. I chuckled seeing her antics.

Maybe , I made the right decision.

"Stop it Vihaan!" My trance broke as I hear Niharika's voice.

She stood infront of me with a worried look plastered over her face.

"You are already so drunk..please stop it.." My eyes rolled back at her not so real concern.

Ignoring her I continued to make my fourth peg
"You go and sleep..I'll come after sometime.."

A huff escaped her lips while I was about to take a sip of my whiskey she settled into my lap. Slowly and steadily tracing my face with her finger.

"Why to ruin your health by drinking when you have such a hot wife?"

Niharika questioned grabbing my collar pulling my face closer to hers.

She threw away her robe before grabbing my hairs with her one hand and placing the other on my back.

"God! Now stop your drama Vihaan..I am your wife and I have my rights!" Saying so Niharika took my lips in a kiss.

•~

"So I hope everything is clear to everyone.." Mahir said while the entire staff nodded getting back to their  work.

Ahaana stared blankly at her file blinking time to time as she sat on her chair. She tried her best to push her past out of her mind but it simply didn't worked.

How am I gonna react when I face him? She thought as a sense of anxiousness drenched her soul.

So much time passed , everything changed but something that did not was her heart which still yearned for him. No matter how broken it was , it still wanted to feel his presence and they say time heals everything.

It doesn't , it just intensifies your wounds so much that you almost get used to it.

"Ahaana?" Mahir said snapping his fingers infront of her face.

Looking up her hazel eyes met with his blue ones. She sucked a breath in nervously looking at her boss.

"Yes sir?"

Holding onto the file in her hands Ahaana got up from her chair while Mahir stared at her with curiosity.

"Why are you acting so strange since a few days?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

Ahaana roamed her eyes here and there trying to search for the most appropriate and appealing reason. She knew that Mahir Malhotra is intelligent enough to catch her lies.

"Umm..actually I am just a little stressed about Avi..His mischeifs are increasing day by day" she reasoned out fixing a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Even though unsatisfied with her answer Mahir nodded his head before leaving for his cabin.

I know how to get the truth out of your mouth , Miss.Srivastava.. he smirked running a hand through his hairs.

•~