Chapter-8 Fatherless Child

Avi smiled waving a bye to Ahaana who mirrored his gesture before driving away to her office.

"Hello buddy!" A voice greeted him as the grey eyed kid turned around to find Moksh standing infront of him with a tall man behind who had the similar colour of eyes as him.

Avi looked at both of them confused blinking twice "Hi , Moksh and I am once again sorry for whatever happened that day.." he spoke up sincerely just the way his mother taught him.

While Moksh payed no attention to his words as he held his father's hand firmly looking away.

"Hey you kid , why did you raised your hand on my son?" Vihaan asked with knitted eyebrows his voice deep and firm.

"So.. so..rry uncle but I alre..ady apologized to him infront of Principal sir and Moksh already said that he for..gave me.." stuttering Avi managed to answer as his chubby hands played with the hem of his school bag.

Vihaan's eyes softened for a moment looking at the three feet boy when he felt a tug at his coat. He glanced at Moksh who still stood there crossing his arms over his chest.

"Whatever it is! Haven't your parents taught you manners?"

The older man's words were hitting Avi like some pebbles as his eyes met with Vihaan.

"My mumma is the best! Don't s..ay any..thing about hel(her).." Managing to speak up the four year old ran away with tears leaking down his eyes.

Vihaan watched as the kid left he felt guilty for making a child scared.

"Thankyou , Dad! I love you so much!" Moksh said grinning ear to ear before saying a bye to him.

Did I do something wrong? He questioned himself seeing his son disappear in the crowd of children.

Meanwhile Avi sobbed keeping his head down on the desk when a familiar voice rang in his ears.

"Tch..tch..tch..poor boy! I feel sad for you!"
He looked up to see Moksh Suryavanshi standing infront of him with a fake look of pity.

"Everyone! Look at this fatherless crybaby!" He shouted gaining the attention of whole class as the laughter of whole class was heard in chorus.

Avi's lips trembled when he tried hard to control his sob and stared at the boy born with silver spoon angrily.

"See , I told you I have my rich dad who will do or buy anything for me..Alas! You have no one except your middle class mother.." he mocked with a smirk before leaving with the other boys of class.

•~

Fatherless crybaby..the title kept ringing in his head as Avi sat in the car his mother was driving.

"Kuch bolega? Kya hua?" Ahaana asked stopping the car infront of their appartment.
(Say something..what happened?)

Avi looked at his mother who was staring at him questioningly. He opened his mouth to say something but again turned silent.

Sighing to herself Ahaana negatively shook her head "okay fine! Atleast tell me how was your day?"

Still the child remained quiet glaring at the floor blankly making his mother worried.

"Avi! If it's any sort of prank stop it right now!" She exclaimed worriedly.

Finally after a long pause he asked Ahaana

"Am I a fatherless child , Mumma?"

Ahaana widened her eyes as the keys of house dropped from her hand at the question asked by her son.