Chapter 27: Vengeance Tactic

Never in my life would I have thought that Misty Harper, the buck-toothed wannabe, would be sitting inside my home. Ever.

I'm sort of scared.

"And how long have they been after you, do you think?" She just looks so normal sitting there on my couch.

I fidget. "Um, maybe a few months? Three months? Fourteen months? I lost count." There's a slightly extra beat of silence than there needs to be before she responds again. 

"And you said that one of them freaked out because of pennies? Like, because they touched them?" Maybe I should feed her. Living things like to be fed, right? Unless she's some type of cactus and generates her own supply of nutrients. With her, you never know.

"Uh, yeah. Do you know what you wanna do yet? To get rid of them?" Since I accidentally saved her from her doom, she decided it would be appropriate to come straight to my house and to not report that she's found to the cops yet. She said if everyone knows she's back, commotion would start and could potentially foil her "revenge" plan. Revenge or not: it's just weird for her to be in my house. There's this instinct feeling that I need to throw her into a trashbag and toss it out.

She brings her—as odd as it is since she's been caged up—blue painted fingernails up until they're right below her chin and begins to make a tsk-ing noise. "I'm not really sure yet. Do you think the pennies are like, 'PeepTom's' weakness? Like Superman had with Kryptonite? I don't know. I'm not a nerd I don't care for all of these," she makes air quotes and a stupid looking face to match it. "'superhero facts."

Well, gee, Misty! You're so nice! Especially for just having your life being spared! I've never met anyone more humble in life! Boy, am I glad I met you! "I guess," I begin. "I think they have a deeper meaning as to what their motives are. I mean, what's the possibility that they already know I got my powers before I even knew how to work them? Let alone my house and exact room? They had to have been stalking me or something." Suddenly, Misty's face lights up. 

Don't get too excited, though. If anything I'm petrified out of my granny panties. Misty and smiling just don't match. It's like trying to force shaving cream, moldy bread and peanut butter together as a meal. It's going to end in vomit or hospitalization. Either is accurate. "Rose!" Her sudden enthusiastic form and normality of her as a whole startles me enough to jump a little on the couch seat opposite of her. "I've got it!"

Oh thank goodness. This non-existent tension was just a little awkward. Now she'll finally get the crap out of my house. "It's not fool-proof yet though so I'll just brainstorm for the faults that could happen in it for a bit." She readjusts in her seat. 

Mission=Failure.

She has to get out of here. Now. "Listen, uh, Misty?" Oh, crap she's looking at me. "Where are you gonna stay? My mom knows you went missing and she's not exactly the best person for secrets so where're you going to, like, go?" It better be on the streets where you belong.

As much as I love helping people in need; this is a Misty. A Misty in need. Misty's in need who's last name's end in Harper and are basically the reason why half of my city hates but loves me at the same time don't deserve my help. My help is only for the reserved.

Like Ryan. . . who I forgot to text after the talent show. Whoops. He probably thinks I died or got stuck in a bear trap. I'll just let him mourn a little longer. Men need to cry sometimes.

I watch Misty as she takes a gulp the size of my foot. "Well, I was hoping that I could hide out in your room for a few days?" She quickly adds, "Just until the plan is all set and accomplished! I won't bother you anymore, honestly! I don't know why I was so mean to you, but I was and I'm truly sorry for it, Rose. Really." It's amazing how people tell some hardcore lies. I'm trying my hardest to look away from her without emotion and break out some great comeback and tell her to get out of my house like the G only I think I am, but I can't.