Chapter 25: Some Day

Note: I never ask you to do this, but watch the video attached to see her performance! It's a guy, but still.

Chapter 25: Some Day

Nice and steady. Don't freaking touch anything, Rose, because no matter what you do; every single time you paint your nails, you mess them up within seconds. Cautiously, I start to walk towards my doorway and the moment I reach for the doorknob, it swings wide open, scratching my left hand. Whoever did this is going to rather wish it was my fist that got shoved down their throat and not m--

"Rosie?" Never mind, Ryan. You're the only exception to this rule since if I attempt to knock your lights out, you'll just romance me until I explode in glitter and raw meat. He rounds the corner and sees me in the space behind the door. "You ready?" He's such a gentleman. The gentlest gentleman ever known to gentlemen. When you say it enough, the pronunciation starts to get this weird ring to it. Ew.

"I guess. I mean my nails don't really need to be done so I can go anyways." It's not like I spent a full hour designing them or anything. Nope, I sure didn't. Go ahead and ruin them for the ump-teenth time. You're not hurting my feelings.

I grab my duffel bag that's carrying my dancing outfit for the talent show along with the music nd head out of my bedroom with Ryan. By the end of tonight I'll never be the same Rose. The Rose that used to eat chairs as a living, the Rose who is a walking embarrassment to herself, the Rose that no matter what, would always be G. After tonight, I'll add something to my name. I'll be the Rose that dances like she should be the Dancing Queen of Blind People.

Leaving the room, Ryan maneuvers himself down my stairs and out the front door. Apparently, mom is "out with some co-worker friends" when really, is just another way of saying, "I'm on a date with Junchi and I don't want to tell you about it." I'm not stupid, mother. Maybe three weeks ago I was, but that's the past and it should stay there. Along with the cheese and locker story no one has busted me for yet. Vengeance is mine, all mine.

He starts his car once we're inside and begins to back out of my driveway with a pained look on his face. I don't know that face which can only mean that something's bugging him. Oh my gosh, I probably forgot to wear deodorant today. Or my breath could be at the place where I can create my own personal gas chamber death facility. "What's wrong with you?" Or me?

He jumps at the sound of my voice and turns a sharp corner. Dear goodness, don't let my boyfriend be the reason I'll be traumatized from relationships forever and grow old to be a loving, vicious cat-owning lady. Cat canes can get pretty pricey. "I have to make a stop for a little while. It's still early so I thought maybe we could hang out? Unless you wanna leave now, that's fine. I'm not forcing you into anything even though I kind of am the driver." So attractive. 

"Ryan, just tell me where we're going. I'm pretty sure I'll be fine with it." It really is only four o'clock and what else is there to do for four hours inside of school? I'll just be rocking back and forth in a secluded, sinister spot for so long that I'll forget the routine I made up just last night. Super procrastination for the win. Instead of driving straight which would take us to the main road, he turns again down a neighborhood street. Oh, gosh--don't tell me.

"Well, I was gonna take us to my house and hang out there. But it's only my mom that's home, today." He takes a large gulp as if he's nervous and he should be. I'm the most petrifying, savage, chest-beating mammal there is on this injudicious freakin' Earth, son.

He knows precisely what happened last time that I was simply "invited over." I created the next legal declaration of Civil War inside of his kitchen, turned into the spitting image of Hitler to his parents and am now his brother's personal jester. That's a sign that I'm cursed within the confinements of his lodgings, never to return. But here he is, taking me there to finish me off.