pt.17

"aonung?" Tsireya called, she knocked on his closed door. Her brother never closed his door.

He also never skipped a full week of school.

But this week he did, and now it was Saturday.

Aonung also never went a long time without speaking to tsireya, but over this week he had refused to speak to her.

And she didn't really have the time to visit for long because of school, but since it was Saturday it was her mission to talk to aonung.

Tsireya slowly opened Aonung's door. She could see his figure laying on his bed, his back faced tsireya.

His room was dirty. Aonung was a clean freak so this was unusual, and it scared tsireya.

Her heart broke seeing all the turned over photos on his desk, laying flat down so no one could see who was in the picture.

The pictures of him and some of his friends were torn down too, they were torn up into pieces on the floor.

"Aonung" tsireya whispered softly for the second time, she sat on the edge of his bed.

Looking around his room made her chest ache.

A lot of his clothes were laying all over the floor, his school bag was thrown and the school supplies in it were scattered.

There were plates of barely eaten food sitting on his desk because he wouldn't come down for dinner.

This scared tsireya because aonung hadn't acted like this since highschool.

And all she could think about is remembering when she got home from school to find him in his room barely breathing.

She didn't, she couldn't let that happen again.

"Aonung, can we talk" tsireya practically begged.

Her brother barely spoke this entire week. Being outed shattered her brothers self image, completely.

"It was neteyam wasn't it" aonung asked quietly, his face was hidden in his blankets so tsireya couldn't see his face.

"What? No! Neteyam wouldn't do that to you!" Tsireya said softly, she remembered how she had screamed and screamed at neteyam Monday night because she had also thought he was the one that did this to aonung.

But she knew who did it, and she hated that person with all her life.

"Who was it then?" Aonung asked, his voice sounded so distant it broke tsireya's heart.

She knew if she told aonung it was ryvian aonung would know neteyam did tell ryvian.

"It was ryvian" tsireya sighed, she wouldn't lie to her brother, not when he was in a state like this.

"Oh..." Was all aonung said, and it was quiet between the siblings for a long while.

"Does everyone know?" Aonung asked, his voice shook when he asked this. "Were they all talking about it?"

"A lot of people know" tsireya said truthfully. "But a lot of people are respectful and fine with you being trans" tsireya said, she was trying to comfort her brother.

"That changes nothing tsireya" aonung scoffed and tsireya frowned. "Aonung I understand that you-"

"You don't understand shit tsireya!" Aonung shouted, he sat up in his bed.

Aonung looked bad, his hair was a mess, his eyes were red from crying and their were bags under his eyes from the lack of sleep.

He had seemed to grow weaker and thinner too.

"You wanna know why!?" Aonung snapped at her. "Because your not fucking trans! I'm the only one that's trans and that ruins everything!"

Tsireya stared at her brother with wide eyes, she felt so bad for him but she didn't know how to comfort him.

"No matter what I do everyone finds out eventually, and then I can no longer be aonung" aonung started to cry again, tsireya hated seeing her brother cry.

"No! Your still aonung, nothing can change that" tsireya tried to tell him but he shook his head.

"No one's going to see that" aonung snapped, he laid back down in his bed, pulling his covers over his face.

"No, you just have to get back into the flow of your life, even if others know your trans, your still aonung, you just gotta come back to school" tsireya tried to encourage him.

But aonung refused any encouragement.

"I'm not going back, I'm not facing any of those kids" aonung said bitterly and tsireya frowned.

"But you loved it there, you found an awesome sport to play-"

"I'm quitting basketball" aonung blurted and tsireya's jaw practically dropped. "You can't quit!" She almost shouted.

"I've already made up my mind" aonung stubbornly said. "A girl shouldn't play a boy sport anyways" aonung scoffed.

"But your not a girl!" Tsireya told him, she shook his shoulder, trying to make him come to his senses.

"I am to them" aonung groaned.

Tsireya's heart broke. Aonung couldn't quit basketball, tsireya knew how much her brother loved basketball and now he was leaving it behind.

And her mind kept going back to that time in highschool.

And tsireya grew very afraid.

"Aonung... Please don't do this to yourself..."

I'm fucking with my head bro 😭
Word count: 840