pt.8

Aonungs pov:

"Oh! Oh! We should head over to the park!" Lo'ak said excitedly, pointing over in the direction of the small park next to a family business.

"Hey yeah!" Rotxo said, him and lo'ak exchanged smiles before rotxo slapped my arm. "Hey, you could see if lo'ak's good at basketball too" rotxo mumbled to aonung and he shrugged his shoulders.

"What's up with you?" Rotxo frowned, he turned to stand in front of aonung and they both came to an abrupt stop. "nothing" aonung scoffed, trying to step around rotxo but he only copied aonung's foot work.

"Come on bro I can tell!" Rotxo stressed, grabbing both of Aonung's arms. "You're not usually this quiet, like I mean your quiet but not like-"

"Okay I get it" aonung groaned before rotxo started rambling. "Then what's wrong?" Rotxo asked and aonung sighed.

"It's just that we don't know them and it's weird" he admitted but now that aonung said it out loud it felt stupid.

"Well can you at least attempt to be nice?" Rotxo asked and aonung gave him a 'really' look.

"Aonung, rotxo!" Tsireya called, interrupting their conversation, they were already all in the park.

"Coming!" Aonung called after them but rotxo stopped him again giving him one of those looks.

"Fine! I'll try" aonung sighed and rotxo smiled, patting his shoulder. "Thank you"

Both of the boys walked to the park and met up with the others, aonung felt rotxo elbow him in the side and aonung gave rotxo a dirty look.

"Go ask!" Rotxo whispered to aonung before looking in the direction of lo'ak.

Aonung sighed but made his way (uncomfortably) to lo'ak. "Hey" aonung said awkwardly. "Hi?" Lo'ak responded, he looked in his brothers direction.

"Rotxo told me to ask you if you wanted to play basketball" aonung said, pointing over at rotxo who instantly looked like he was put on the spot.

He glared at aonung because he wasn't supposed to tell rotxo that he had told aonung to ask.

"Oh? Sure I love basketball!" Lo'ak smiled happily, waving his hand at rotxo.

"We should all play!" Lo'ak said, he looked back at his brother and neteyam shrugged his shoulders.

"If we do I'm on kiri's team!" Tsireya declared before anyone could say anything, her and Kiri practically clung to each other.

"Fine, aonung scoffed, then me, rotxo, and neteyam will be on a team" aonung decided but neteyam shook his head.

"No, lo'ak can be on your team I'll go with the girls" neteyam said by before aonung could say anything else he went and stood beside tsireya and Kiri.

"Awesome!" Lo'ak cheered. "We're so gonna win this!" Lo'ak grinned, he put his hand out in the direction of Aonung but aonung didn't take it.

Rotxo was the one to dab him up instead but lo'ak and aonung held an intense eye contact.

"We'll let you guys start with the ball" rotxo said, bouncing the ragged old basketball that had been left at the park over to neteyam.

"It's flat" neteyam commented. "Like your head" lo'ak was quick to say and neteyam glared at his brother.

Aonung couldn't help but smile though and him and lo'ak made eye contact again.

Then they lined up and Kiri called for the game to start, it was easy as pie to get the ball out of neteyam's hands, making the boy practically trip.

It was easy for aonung to weave and easily pass through tsireya and Kiri too but just as soon neteyam was on his ass again and aonung steered his path.

"Aonung! Aonung! I'm open! Aonung! Bro pass!" Lo'ak was shouting, he was right next to the net, no one was guarding him.

But aonung threw it to rotxo who was being guarded by tsireya but he easily snatched the ball up, dribbling it some way before tossing it to lo'ak.

"What the fuck aonung" neteyam hissed at aonung the same time lo'ak made the basket.

"What?" Aonung frowned. "Don't be a dick! My brother was open and you purposely didn't pass to him!" Neteyam told aonung who rolled his eyes.

"Your brother still made a point, it's just a game" aonung said flatly before jogging back to the line for the second round.

This time they started off with the ball, aonung infront with it.

Once the started aonungs shoes scraped on the concrete as he was about to round around Kiri but all of a sudden two hard hands landed flat on his chest, sending him to the ground.

Aonung hit the concrete pretty hard, scraping his arm on the concrete. "What the hell!?" Aonung cussed, sitting up to see neteyam staring down at him with surprise.

And then aonung really settled in on where neteyam had put his hands. On his chest.

Panic began to settle into his chest and he quickly stood up, neteyam just stared at him in complete confusion.

He definitely felt something.

And Aonung felt angry.

"This isn't fucking football you ass!" Aonung snarled, picking up the basketball and he threw it with both hands at neteyam, landing it flat on his stomach.

Before aonung whipped around and started to storm off. Hearing lo'ak say "what's his problem?"

Aonung was pissed, mostly because no one was supposed to know. But now neteyam did.

Aonung walked all the way over to the swings before sitting down angerily, not bothering to look back at the basketball court.

I hate them all.

Neteyam was gonna find it eventually 🤷
Word count: 922