pt.14

Aonung was warming up when neteyam and the others came in.

Tsireya led the three to find seating on the bleachers, a good spot so that they could watch aonung and lo'ak.

They watched lo'ak join aonung and tili, the three did some passes and looked to be playing a game of PIG while shooting hoops.

Tili was the first to get all three letters of pig, the boy wasn't bad at basketball but he didn't have the same height momentum as lo'ak and aonung.

"Alright boys!" A voice belowed and neteyam assumed the older man that blew a whistle was the basketball coach.

The boys gathered around the coach in a circle like shape as the coach talked, most likely going over rules or something like that.

"Alright boys line up on the left side of the gym I wanna see seventeen in a minute!" The coach yelled before blowing his whistle.

They all lined up on the left side of the gym, neteyam watched aonung shake out his legs and lo'ak copied him.

"What are they doing?" Neteyam asked tsireya but she only shrugged.

"Their running suicides" a voice said next to neteyam, making him jump.

He turned his head to the side to see a boy watching the game he was partly looking at neteyam though.

"What's that?" Neteyam asked. "They run back and forth between the lines seventeen times in a minute" the boy explained and neteyam winced.

"I could never" neteyam joked and the boy agreed. "I would never" he said and neteyam laughed.

"I'm ryvian" the boy smiled, putting out his hand and neteyam shook it. "Neteyam"

Ryvian had nice looking features, his eyes were a beautiful goldfish color and his hair looked like it had been freshly braided, reminding neteyam that he would need to re-do his own braids.

His smile was also contagious and he had a very warm and welcoming kind of tone, he sounded confident in himself as well.

"So you here for anyone?" Ryvian asked and neteyam nodded, pointing down at lo'ak. "I'm here for my brother" neteyam told him and he nodded.

"I'm here for my brother too" ryvian said, pointing down to a tall kind of kid that neteyam didn't recognize.

"My brother has been practicing endlessly, he really loves basketball" ryvian chuckled, he had a sweet kind of smile.

"Same with my brother, he's been doing a lot of practicing with aonung" neteyam sighed and ryvian's face turned a little confused. "Is your brother friends with aonung?" Ryvian asked and neteyam shrugged.

"Not exactly, were more friends with Aonung's sister tsireya" neteyam explained and ryvian nodded.

"Aonung's a jerk" ryvian blurted out and neteyam nodded with a soft chuckle. "I hear you on that" neteyam said because ryvian was right.

"Is he a jerk to you too?" Ryvian asked and neteyam nodded his head, a bit embarrassed about admitting that.

"Him and his friends are always rude to me and my friends" ryvian grumbled, he rested his chin on his hand that was propped up on his leg.

"Why's that?" Neteyam asked out of curiosity. "Because I'm gay and some of my friends are too"

Neteyam instantly felt bad for ryvian, he understood what it was like to get picked on all because of a sexuality.

"He says stuff about me being gay too" neteyam sighed and ryvian frowned. "he actually said stuff about me wearing makeup not too long ago"

"Why? I think your makeup looks good" ryvian shrugged and neteyam smiled shyly. "Thank you"

"It suits you, he's just jealous" ryvian said and neteyam chuckled.

"Thank you, I needed to hear that" neteyam sighed and ryvian smiled warmly at him. "Yeah, you look good regardless" ryvian shrugged and neteyam felt his face go warm.

Both of them jumped though when the sound of a loud double whistle was made.

Neteyams head turned over to he gym court to see tili laid flat out on the ground, his limbs struck out like he was a starfish and he was wheezing for air.

A boy neteyam didn't recognize stood over him, helping tili up.

"Now that is something we will not be doing boys!" The coach yelled at all of them like he was an angry father.

"These will be your teammates, you take each other out you'll go out with them!" The coach shouted and all of them nodded.

"What was that!?"

"Yes sir!" They all shouted in union.

"Now, I wanna see the play of 21!" The coach announced and all the players seemed to grow happy, even tili who was still catching the breath that got knocked out of him.

"21 is a game they play at the end of tryouts" ryvian told neteyam, probably noticing the face he was making.

"How's it work?" Neteyam asked. "Well free throws are worth one point, shots within the arc are worth two, and shots outside the arc are worth 3, the first player to 21 points wins" ryvian explained and neteyam nodded along.

"Sounds funner than the drills they were just doing" neteyam joked.

He hadn't watched all the drills while talking to ryvian but the ones he did glance at seemed tiring and hard.

"I can't believe the tryouts are almost over though" ryvian said and neteyam nodded. "Yeah, time flies when you're having fun though" neteyam smiled as he nudged ryvian's shoulder.

"Yeah you're pretty cool" ryvian smiled and it made neteyam blush.

"Do you have Snapchat?" Ryvian asked and neteyam nodded eagerly, pulling out his phone.

Him and ryvian exchanged snaps and neteyam smiled.

"I've seen your Insta too" ryvian said before chuckling. "Not to sound weird but it's been recommended to me"

Neteyam nodded his head with a slight chuckle. "You should follow me, I would follow you" neteyam grinned.

"I will, your posts are pretty cool too by the way" ryvian complimented.

"But I gotta start heading over to my brother" ryvian said as he started to stand up. "I'll text you alright?"

Neteyam nodded, his face felt warm. "I'll hold you on that" he smiled and ryvian waved him goodbye.

"Neteyam" tsireya cooed and he had practically forgot that tsireya and Kiri were still there.

"Is that your new boyfriend" Kiri joked and neteyam's face grew even more warm and he felt embarrassed. "No!" He said defensively.

Tsireya raised an eyebrow like she didn't believe him. "I think he's pretty and nice though" neteyam admitted honestly.

"Aw!" Kiri exclaimed and both her and tsireya happily shook each other's shoulders.

In the car neteyam got a text and he smiled when it showed ryvian's name, neteyam happily opened it.

Just left the school.

And then it was a snap of him in the driver's seat smiling and his brother in the passenger seat just staring dead at the camera.

Neteyam smiled and went to snap back, forcing his brother into the frame much to lo'ak's struggle and rotxo also in the frame sticking his tongue out.

Neteyam smiled, making sure to save that photo even though lo'ak was complaining that he was too sweaty for pictures.

He was. Neteyam had wiped his hand off on lo'ak's shorts.

Neteyam sent the picture to ryvian after typing a Caption of "same here".

Y'all I've got some good ideas so I'll be uploading them 😋
Word count: 1225