Chapter 42: Public Relations

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-
-
-
-

—Eva's POV—

I sit down in the seat next to Joe as I look out at the camera feeling nervous, "You'll do great," he whispers kissing my cheek as the interviewer sits down.

She's going through the show cards before there's a countdown for us to start, "Good morning, and welcome back to the interview of the day. Today we have the amazing Joe Jonas and Eva Brown. They took the world by storm with their unlikely pairing and are here to clear up some rumors," she says looking at the two of us.

"Thank you for having us," Joe says as he holds the mic to his mouth.

"Now I know this is the question all the viewers are dying to know. How did you two meet?" She asks leaning in for the gossip.

He lets me take the lead and I smile graciously, "Our management set us up to pretend date. We both had our own gains from the deal and at first, we hated each other," I announce making her laugh in shock.

"To be fair I was insufferable. I didn't make it hard for her to hate me," he says.

"But then my boyfriend I had at the time....we didn't work out. Then some fans kept showing up at my apartment and Joe was always there for me when I needed him. So, we moved in together 'cause I couldn't afford my own place...and the rest kind of just fell into place," I explained trying to keep it short.

The interviewer looks at the card in front of her, "Now was the picture of you with that guy...was that the ex-boyfriend?" She asks.

Joe visibly tenses at the mention of him, "Yeah, we can't go into more detail because of some things going on behind the scenes. However, I would like to please ask the fans to stop trying to defend me. She's not this monster the press has painted her to be," He says as I look at him with a smile.

"Woah, this is a modern-day love story. Now there was some talk about you switching management. Is this true?" She asks looking at Joe.

"Yes. We are no longer in affiliation with Candace Price. We believe she wasn't the kind of person we wanted to do business with," he states keeping it short and sweet.

"Now how about you? I read that you work for Charlie Hue's what's that like?" She asks.

I nod my head, "I did. I loved it there but I had resigned from my spot and accepted a job with the Jonas Trust," I tell her.

"I'm not quite sure I have heard of that one," she says, "Please tell us more".

"I'm glad you asked," I tell her as Joe watches me with admiration in his eyes, "With the help of my favorite people Kevin, Joe, and Nick we have created a foundation for troubled youth. We have set up outreach programs in I think four states so far. It's still fairly new but we are hoping to get some more traction within the next couple of months," I tell her.

"Can you guys be any greater?" She asks before turning to the camera, "We will have more for you after a few short messages," she says as the camera pans down. It's a whirlwind behind the scenes of interviews. A lady runs out with makeup and starts blotting us with powder to stop us from shining. Waters are being passed around and my head is still spinning when we are live again.

"Welcome back again. We have some questions from some fans that were sent in," she announces. Joe and I look at each other with wide eyes and joking smiles, "Genevieve from Wisconsin asks, when did you first know you loved her?"

Joe takes a deep breath as he looks at me, "That's an easy one," he says shocking me, "We were fighting after she came home from a night out. I was worried sick and I've never felt that feeling before where I couldn't breathe not knowing she was safe. Oh god, I sound like such a baby," he says covering his face. I nod my head remembering that trying to block out the memory of me being a total bitch.

"Betty from Los Angeles asks, who's your favorite Jonas Brother and what's your favorite song?"

"I love all of them so much. Nick is like a big brother to me and Joe is an option. But it's obviously Kevin," I say making Joe laugh, "Favorite song has to be an unreleased one that they played for me the other night," I say with a mischievous smile.

"Can we get a little sneak peek?" She asks as he shakes his head refusing, "Worth a shot. Alexa from Florida wants to know if there are wedding bells in the future?" She says sounding genuinely intrigued. We both turn to each other and start laughing.

He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a fake ring making us laugh even harder, "We are very happy with being young and in love. If it happens it happens but we aren't trying to rush anything," I smile.

"Beautifully worded. And last question Samantha from Washington wants to know what being Joe's girlfriend is like?" She asks.

"Terrible. He's nosy, clingy, and every morning he wakes me up with his singing," I tell her as he looks offended, "I'm kidding...kind of. He's the kind of boyfriend you'd stay single for just in the hopes you'd have a chance with him. I didn't think I could be loved like the movies and he's changing my thoughts on everything," I speak looking him in the eyes.

"To be how you put it young and in love," she says. She uses this as a segue to move on to the next segment for the station. We shake her hand as she wishes us luck. Once we are off set I skip to the car and see Joe watching me as I jump around freezing my ass off. I feel like the main character every time he looks at me.