Chapter 44: birthday

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-
-
-
-

—Eva's POV—
I walk into the quiet house with my hands full trying not to drop anything, "Joe?" I scream knowing he should be home. I went out early today so I could finalize the paperwork for the La expansion for Jonas Trust. I place my bag down at the door and balance some folders on the couch. I shout his name and almost fall to the floor when thirty people jump out from nowhere, "Happy Birthday," they scream making my eyes widen. There are balloons and streamers, and music starts playing immediately. Joe walks over with a big grin on his face as I stand there shocked.

"You knew I'd go into the office didn't you?" I ask, "This is why I love you," I whisper kissing him as everyone comes round and says happy birthday to me. There's a giant cardboard cutout of Henry Cavill making me laugh. Joe and I had a debate on who the hottest celebrity is and who our hall passes should be.

"Happy birthday Grandma," Kara says coming over with extra pep in her step. She's always loved decorating and celebrating other people.

"You're older than me," I tell her as she pretends not to hear me, "But thank you for all of this". I look around the kitchen at the confetti covering the tables and floors.

"This was ALL Joe. He wanted everything to be perfect," she informs me as he walks in, "Speaking of Joe," she smirks walking away. I turn around elated as he walks over. I immediately put my arms on his shoulders and pull him in for a kiss.

"You are the best boyfriend in the world. What did I do to deserve you?" I ask in between kisses.

"You didn't," he jokes as he opens his mouth mocking my shocked expression, "I did get you something though," he says as I frown knowing I told him not to.

"I told you how I hate birthdays. I love the party don't get me wrong it's a great excuse to hang out with everyone but gifts...that's where I cross the line," I tell him.

He tells me to shush as he sneaks us to his bedroom, "close your eyes," he tells me. I do as he says and hold my hands out expecting something small but a box lands in my hands. I open my eyes and see it's perfectly wrapped in polka dot paper with a bow on top.

He urges me to open it and I set it down on his nightstand to untie the bow. I lift the lid and see a photo album. I take it out and sit next to him on the bed as I open it to the first page. It's a picture that was taken by management of Kevin, Nick, Joe, Kara, and me the first day we met. Joe looks miserable and I look annoyed that I have to stand next to him. I continue looking through pictures and all of them are from various dates, hangouts with friends, or selfies we took through the seven months we have been fake dating / real dating. He keeps pointing out small things about what he was actually thinking on the dates he pretended to hate me. It's interesting how similar we thought about everything.

"This is perfect. I love it," I tell him as I put the book in my lap and hug him.

I can hear the pride in his voice when he says thank you, "We should probably get back out there. It is your party after all," he points out. I put the book back in the box and carried it to my room. Joe is waiting for me outside my door as I decide to change into comfier clothes. I decide on Jean shorts and a tank top since the back doors of the house are open for the summer heat to come in.

"There is one more surprise," Joe says when I open the door. He takes my hand and leads me to the backyard. I see a stage set up in the back where Nick and Kevin are waiting for Joe. He winks at me before running up, "Thank you for all being here tonight to celebrate my girl," he says giving everyone time to cheer. Daniella and Kara find me and bring me to the front as I keep my eyes on Joe.

"Eva...I don't even know what to say. I wrote this song a couple of weeks ago and I guess you could say you were the muse behind it," He says with a goofy smile, "I hope you enjoy it," he whispers.

The three of us scream for our rockstar loves as Joe steps up to the mic and starts singing, "When it's just you and me and the moon".

When the song ends Nick steps up to talk, "That was called Vacation Eyes and it should be on our newest album...subtle plug," he says making me laugh, "But now onto some of Eva's favorite songs," he announces. When the first cords of Pushin' Me Away start playing I go crazy. Some of the songs they are playing I only listened to alone so I don't know how they know. Joe must have eavesdropped on me in the shower.

When they finish playing the music starts playing again from the speakers, "That was amazing," I tell them as Joe puts his arm around my shoulders, "Vacation Eyes was such a good song. Did you actually write that a couple of weeks ago?" I ask turning more into his body.

"He was very adamant about finishing the song before today," Nick says making me smile.

"I've never been a muse before," I smile to myself as he rubs the back of my head with the arm on my shoulders, "I think we should all celebrate the rest of the night by eating way too much food and then drinking," I say before looking at Danielle, "or instead of drinking we just eat more food," I say making her laugh as she starts walking inside. I can't wait for the baby to be here.