Chapter 18: forgivness

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—

"No, you did not," I gasp as Joe nods his head laughing.

"I know. I wasn't the best kid," he says with a semi embarrassed smile, "But I think I made up for that," he shrugs.

"Who would have thought I was dating America's biggest bad boy of 07'," I tease. He picks up the wine bottle and goes to pour me another glass but it looks like we finished this one. He calls over a waiter and orders another one making the young girl smile, "I think someone's a fan," I tell him. He turns around and raises his eyebrows briefly. When she comes back over I ask her if she's a fan of the band.

"I've loved The Jonas brothers forever," she says making me smile, "do you want a picture?" I ask. She nods her head with a growing blush and Joe quickly stands up. He wraps his arm around her back and leans down smiling. Her smile brightens my day as she runs off to tell her coworkers.

"Are you always looking out for other people?" He asks and I tilt my head in confusion as he pours me another glass, "You work for a charity and on the way over you helped an old lady cross the street. I thought that was just a stereotype but no you're just a really good person," he says making me laugh.

"She was all frail and shaky on the ice," I tell him, "What about you? Are you ever gonna tell me why you act like such a..." I say as he interrupts me.

"A dick?" He asks making me laugh a little as he nods his head.

"As a celebrity...I hate that word...but as someone who's grown up in this world...it's hard to figure out who you can and can't trust," he says.

"That makes sense but shouldn't you at least give people a chance," I point out.

"I know it's a bad habit I've acquired. But we're fine now...kind of," he says.

I lift my glass as we both just look at each other with a small smirk, "To new beginnings," I tell him. He clinks his glass with mine and takes a sip.

"This is the party where I should apologize for being,"

"A dick"

"Yes. Seriously. You and Kara are becoming great friends of the band and it's nice having genuine people around," he tells me making me blush a little. I've never been good with compliments.

"Don't get all sappy on me now," I tease as he rolls his eyes playfully. I squint my eyes and turn my head when a giant flash clicks in front of me. Joe turns around and there's a paparazzi in the booth hiding behind a plant.

"Can we help you?" He asks sounding pissed off. The man snaps another picture before running off with a nervous looking face, "We should get out of here before we get swarmed," he says. I nod my head and down the rest of my wine. Joe grabs the bottle after dropping cash onto the table. He shoves it into his jacket and we run out to his car. We start laughing when we see the cars of paparazzi swarming the restaurant.

"Do you want to come up?" I ask him as he parks the car. He looks at the clock and turns off the car. I take my keys out when we step off the elevator. I stop when I see Logan standing outside my door with flowers.

"Hey baby," he says making me feel a little off.

"Hey," I whisper as Joe stays silent behind me, "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"To apologize for being an asshole," he says.

"I guess you have a type," Joe jokes making me laugh, "I'm gonna go," he says but I don't want him to. I turn to stop him but he just tells me he will see me later. When I turn back to Logan he's giving me his "I'm sorry" smirk that always manages with us in bed together but not this time.

"You can't just show up here and expect me to forgive you," I tell him as I unlock the door. I allow him to follow in after me as I drop my purse onto the table. I was really looking forward to finishing that wine with Joe.

"I know. I just knew I couldn't not see you," he says handing me the flowers. I drop them onto the counter and turn to him.

"I don't want to just sleep with you and then not talk for a week. I deserve better," I tell him turning around. I start cleaning up the kitchen and he puts his hands on my waist making me close my eyes.

"I know you do. I'll make it up to you,"
He says making my heart race as his breath brushes my neck. I don't realize I'm leaning into his touch until he kisses my shoulder, "Let me make it up to you," he says as I spin around looking at him. I connect our lips and play with the hair on the back of his neck. His feet leading me to my bedroom.

"You're weak," Kara says as we walk into the studio where the guys are working.

"Why is she weak?" Joe asks as I hand him the coffee he ordered. I shake my head but she turns to them with an annoyed face.

"Guess who slept with Logan the other night," she says making me mentally want to die. I can't help but look at Joe. There's a look in his eyes that I can't quite grasp. He's probably disappointed in me and I can't believe I'm saying this but I actually might care about his opinion.

"Didn't he call you a slut?" Kevin asks looking at me with a raised eyebrow and crossed arms.

"And me," Kara says as Nick gives her a quick kiss.

"Girl, that's just not a good look on you," Nick says as I slump down in the chair he was just in.

"Fine I'm weak. He just apologized and then one thing led to another. A girl had needs," I point out. Nick and Kevin just shake their heads as they walk into the recording room. Kara follows them as Nick pulls her along. Joe goes to follow them and I just stare at the guys when he stops beside me.

"Maybe Logan shouldn't be the only one fulfilling your needs," he says leaving me speechless. I don't dare to turn around as he walks into the room grabbing the headphones. His eyes lock with mine through the glass making me freeze in place. Kara comes back to this side and starts talking to me breaking our gaze.

"Kevin said they are having a small party at his place after," she says as I nod my head trying to avoid looking back at Joe.