Chapter 4: Getting Ready

Vote. Comment. Enjoy!

-

-

-

—Eva's POV—
"I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. Did I mention I hate this?" I ask turning to Kara. She rolls her eyes and continues looking through the racks of dresses.

"This is my dream. You are literally getting a dress for free," she says looking at the price tags. Some of these dresses are in the thousands. It's ridiculous how much people are willing to spend on clothes. I take my phone out and text my boss. It took him negative three seconds to respond and I could almost feel the relief enter my body.

"Well...get excited 'cause you're going," I tell her peaking through two dresses. She widens her eyes and asks if I'm serious. When I tell her I am she immediately pulls a dress out and starts walking to the changing rooms. After last week I can't say I'm absolutely dreading going to another event. Nick and Kevin might be the funniest people I've ever met. Kevin and I spent all night playing board games while drunk. Nick and Kara have one thing in common they can't concentrate on one game while drunk. Joe on the other hand spent all night on his phone. He's like a child who's gotten his toys taken away. I've never met an adult with such a sour attitude.

"Since this money is coming from Joe's bank account...why not splurge?" She points out. I pick up a floor-length maroon dress and hold it against myself in the mirror. When I turn to her she immediately shakes her head. After a couple of minutes, she pulls out another one, it's black with one sleeve. I look at the fabric and almost start drooling. I've never seen a dress this beautiful. I take it from her and go into the changing room. When I put it on I notice a slit in the leg that goes up to mid-thigh. It hugs my body as I turn around and slide my hands across the soft fabric.

"What do you think?" I ask walking out into the main room. Her eyes widen as she tells me to buy it.

"That's the hottest thing since Selena Gomez at the Grammy Awards in 2016," she says making me laugh. I turn back into the room and put my normal clothes back on. It's like going from the world's finest silk to a potato sack. We spend another half an hour looking around before she finds a green dress. I feel like we are in a James Bond movie. Neither of us has been to an event half as fancy as this. We are supposed to meet the guys at a marina on the outside of town.

I didn't think celebrities actually partied on yachts. When the person ringing our dresses up tells me the final price I could feel the air leave my body. Kara just takes the card from my pocket and thanks her.

As we walk out my phone rings and it's a text from Kevin.

Kev: The event starts at 7. A car will be outside your apartment at 6:30.

Eva: thank you!!

Kev: tonight should be really boring so hopefully we can get out of it quickly

Eva: that would be amazing

"Nah I love Kevin. I need to meet his wife," I tell her as she laughs. When we look at the time and realize it's almost five, we start freaking out. We rush home and both take two-minute showers so we have enough time to dry our hair.

Of course, tonight is the kind of night my makeup doesn't want to lay right. After stressfully applying fake eyelashes I take a step back and look over myself, "Damn. If Joe doesn't want you I do," Kara says as I turn to her.

"I don't want Joe...I should send a picture to Logan," I tell her as she rolls her eyes.

"You're literally hanging out with rockstars and you're still wasting your time with that deadbeat," she says as I frown.

"Seriously. I like him," I tell her knowing this will always be a sore spot in our relationship, "Look," I tell her seeing he already texted me back.

"Any guy would compliment you right now. Look at yourself," she says motioning towards the dress. I walk to my mirror and adjust myself before I get a text from Hues.

Hues: don't forget to post before you go. We need to leave breadcrumbs for the fans to figure it out

I show Kara and she smiles shoving me into our living room. I hate pictures. My entire Instagram is from years ago. I walk to our balcony with floor-length windows. I do some awkward poses before Kara takes things into her own hands. We both start laughing when we look back at the original poses.

"You're officially my social media trainer," I tell her as we look through the final pictures. She chooses three different poses and opens up Instagram. I watch her post them with a stupid cringy caption that all influencers do. It's impressive how fast she's doing all this. The clock turns to 6:30 when I get a call from the car company picking us up. We grab our small purses and start heading out as my heart starts pounding.

I'm just thankful that she can go. I'd be kicking and screaming without her. From the time it took us to walk from our apartment to the car, my picture already had a thousand likes.

"Look at all these comments," I whisper as she starts pointing out funny ones.

Mel_Wex19: IS IT TRUE YOU'RE DATING A JONAS?

Harrry__updates: imagine being that hot

Kara_Fough: that's my best friend right there

She smiles when I read hers out loud. This is the first time I've ever felt like somebody and all I did was post a picture. I guess I have to get used to this if I'm going to be hanging out with The Jonas Brothers.