Chapter 5 Love Confusion and Confessions

Rainbow Dash POV

After her talk with Rarity, Rainbow Dash was trying to come up with a plan to try to ask Sonic out before Spitfire does but she became irritated because she couldn't come up with anything, 'Grr. I never thought asking a boy out could be so hard. How can I ask him? I need to think of something before-'"OOF!"

Rainbow didn't look where she was going and bumped into someone. Before she even fell, two strong hand caught her. She opened her eyes and she immediately blushed who it was, Sonic.

"Woah, that was a close call. You okay Rainbow?" Sonic asked.

Rainbow didn't hear anything he said. The only thing she did hear was her heart pounding like someone would try to bash a door down. She started into his emerald eyes that shined in the light, making them sparkle, which made her bones melt.

"Yo Rainbow, you alright?" Sonic called out. She snapped out of her trance and shook her head, "Y-yeah, i'm okay. Thanks for the save." She said getting herself back up.

"Well, I'm just glad you're okay. What happened anyway? It's not like you to not look where you're going?" Sonic asked.

Rainbow was not in full panic mode and was blushing deep red. She didn't know how to approach this situation. She still wasn't ready to ask Sonic out yet, "Umm.....Well....you see I..."

Sonic can tell Rainbow was somehow acting nervous around him. Before he can open his mouth, the bell rang, "Shoot, we gotta get to class." He said heading into his Classroom.

Rainbow sighed in relief and wiped a drop of sweat off her head, 'Whew, that was a close call. Thank god the bell saved me.' She thought entering the room. She went to her seat and sat down. She looked up at the teachers desk and saw Sonic talking to her Math teacher.

Sonic POV

"Oh, so you're one of my new students correct?" The teacher asked.

"That's right ma'am, names Sonic." Sonic greeted.

"A pleasure to meet you. My name is Miss Cheerilee. Now, you can go ahead and take any seat you wish." Cheerilee said smiling.

"Thanks." Sonic thanked. Sonic looked and saw an empty chair next to Rainbow. Sonic smiled and walked over to the chair. Rainbow saw Sonic coming up too her and was blushing again. But then, Fleetfoot appeared out of nowhere and grabbed Sonic's arm, "Hey blue boy, come over and sit with me and Spitfire."

"Huh?" Sonic didn't have time to answer as Fleetfoot dragged Sonic over to where she and Spitfire were sitting. Sonic awkwardly sat down next to Spitfire, and Spitfire was blushing a little, 'Well, this is really weird.' Sonic thought turning away from her.

"Fleetfoot, what are you doing!?" Spitfire whispered in a loud voice.

"I'm trying to get the two of you together." She whispered back.

Spitfire's face flared up deep red again, "How many times do I have to tell you, I don't like him that way! And when did your eyes become blue?" She asked whispering.

"What are you talking about? I've always had blue eyes." Fleetfoot said with a little attitude in her voice. She looked over at Rainbow Dash and saw her looking down at her desk sadly.

'Sonic must like Spitfire more than me. Guess I was too slow for blue blur.' She thought as a tear escaped her eye.

Fleetfoot smirked, 'It's working. All I have to do now is keep the two apart and keep Spitfire near Sonic.' She thought.

Sonic looked at Rainbow and saw a single tear running down her cheek, 'ooh Rainbow.' he thought sadly while frowning. He turned to Fleetfoot, who was looking innocent and opening her binder to get her papers. Sonic then felt a tiny wave of familiar energy coming from her, "That's odd, I can sense a small wave of energy coming from her. Is it what I think it is?" Sonic though suspiciously.