Chapter 13 - Weddings and Confessions

Hermiones POV

Molly shuffled around my kitchen frantically pulling out every single piece of serving ware I had. Just as I had assumed would happen, she made too much food. She made so much food that she didn't have enough dishes to serve them on. Thank Morgana I had the foresight to go to the muggle supermarket and buy some cheap trays and bowls. I was currently sitting at my small dining table watching her ramble. My coffee was warm in my hands and I was tired. It was six in the fucking morning. I hadn't expected anyone until at least ten...the wedding starts at six in the afternoon.

"Hermione dear, can you make sure the boys don't get into any trouble?" She asked rearranging her food on the tray. Without even thinking it through I just gave her a small 'mhmm' in return. The last thing I expected was to be woken up this early by Molly Weasley. Actually, I hadn't expected the entire wedding party to be here at six in the fucking morning. Turns out Molly had dragged them all out of bed. The girls were upstairs while the guys were put to work. I stood up leaving the room before she asked me to do anything else. I had done enough for this damned wedding already. The main area had been rearranged to accommodate several tables. My back door, my favorite installation in the remodel, was open wide letting the warm air into the house. It was a four panel glass door that folded in on itself. It gave a large opening to where the back garden connected with the rest of the house. Despite what the media thought would happen, Harry and Ginny wanted a small wedding and hopefully, fingers crossed, no one from the media was here. I looked around at the beautifully decorated tables.

"Granger please tell me you made more coffee?" Malfoy grumbled from where he stood handing silverware to Ron. I pointed at the kitchen and he left giving his work to George. The Weasleys and Harry moved around the room setting up the finishing touches on each table. I moved to the open doorway to look into the garden. Fred stood alone waving his wand as he hung twinkle lights from side to side. Piles of flowers sat on a small bench waiting to be put up next. We hadn't talked anymore yesterday, even during the rehearsal when we had to walk together. I continued to stare wondering how we got here and what would happen next.

After a week of self pity, I came to realize he had been telling the truth when he apologized. He didn't mean what he said, but it didn't make it sting any less. But then again, it's not as if he said anything unforgivable. I just continued to stare at the red head watching him work. As if feeling my eyes on him, he turned and offered me a smile. The lights he had been putting up fell onto his head as he lost his focus. I covered my mouth watching him struggle to break free from the many twinkle lights. He somehow got himself tangled further into them. My laugh broke free watching the episode.

"You could help me you know?" He asked grinning himself. He stood with the lights wrapped around him, but he still smiled at me. The butterflies going off in my stomach were ridiculous. I set my mug on one of the small bar height tables yet to be decorated.

"I think you got it," I laughed walking closer to him. My cheeks started to hurt from how big my smile was. He held a face of mock anger. This was how Fred made me feel even with the smallest things. "Hold still." I began to pull the lights apart carefully. I hated twinkle lights. There was too many tiny threads of lights that could easily break or tangle.

"I never want these damned lights at my wedding," he said watching my hands. I hummed in agreement.

"Already picturing your wedding?" I asked curiously. Marriage was far off for me personally. However if Fred married before me, I'd have to go out of the country for that one. I still didn't know where we stood, but I also didn't know where he was with Diane. Even if Ginny kicked her out of the wedding, he could still be with her.

"I don't know," he whispered watching me closely. I avoided looking at his face while untangling the lights.

"Hermione dear, could you run to the store please? I seem to be short on serving trays." I rolled my eyes hearing Molly call from the house. Fred chuckled shouting back and answer to her. She thanked me and went back inside.