The Day Of The Wedding

She rushed up the stairs without even stopping to count them.

I am late again, that too on the most important day of My life.

She quickly placed the plate of flowers and offerings at the altar. She then closed Her hands and folded Her hands.

"Oh dear Mother, please give Me the strength and compassion so that I can also worship My Husband for He is My Lord, just like You do. You're the epitome of love and womanhood."

She offered Her salutations one final time and turned to return.

Just as She turned, She felt a tug in Her veil. And She was face to face with Rama.

This is where I had prayed for You the first time We had met in the gardens nearby. And this is where We meet again, just before the new and auspicious beginning of Our lives.

Her veil was stuck in His gold bracelet. He blushed, and gently removed Her veil.

"I… um… sorry."

Even though They had spoken to each other a million times now, yet Her heart beat very fast in anticipation whenever She met Him. And every time, She fell more and more in love with Him. The butterflies in Her stomach were literally fluttering, and anxiety grasped Her chest.

She lowered Her eyes, although Her face showed Her inadvertent love and admiration.

Truly, the world's most beautiful creation is a woman.

Especially a woman in love.

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

"Hurry up, don't make up riddles. Just tell Me directly, what is Your elder brother's favourite food?"

Urmila was in a haste, and definitely in no mood for tantrums and delays.

"Oh really, and may I know why You wish to know that? Is that so that You can poison His food?"

This made Her furious even more. Her soft fair skin turned red in rage.

"How dare You? What did You just say? Let Me tell You that maybe that is how You treat guests at Ayodhya but here in Mithila, We are very concerned about the food choices of Our guests. I asked because Sita didi wanted to cook for Her beloved Husband before Her Husband first and She asked Me to confirm from You, because You're the closest to Him."

Lakshmana now sounded concerned genuinely. "Well, maybe I won't be too close to Him for long. He will be married soon." He spoke with a sense of insecurity and worry.

"Well, don't worry then. My elder sister has been taught well not to meddle in between the affairs of brothers. She won't come in between You both, and You can always have Your safe position. Besides, Her bond with the Prince is very different from Yours."