Chapter 13: Tough night

Hopefully it's cool with you guys if I put in Justin's POV from time to time? Just so you guys can see a little insider to whats going on with him. Hope that's okay. If you guys don't like it let me know and i'll just stick to Lake's POV.

Songs for this chapter:

Good for you by Selena Gomez

I won't mind by Zayn Malik

~

Lake Coleman: 

-senior year/december-

"Lake?" A voice whispers softly. I sniff, rubbing the tears out of my eyes. "Are you okay?" 

I look up and it was too late. He saw me crying. Argh. "Why do you even care?" I rudely spat to the boy who hovered above me. He shrugs, not giving me the answer I wanted.

"Go away, Justin." 

He ignores my demand. "Do you want to talk about it?" 

"No." 

"Okay." I hear the door to the room close and shuffling around the room. I don't look up, instead I keep my eyes on my hands. I hear Justin come closer, taking the seat next to me. "Are you sure you don't want to talk about it?" 

I look up, regretting it when my eyes land on his soft brown eyes that seem to make my legs weak. "Why does it even matter to you?"  I harshly ask. I just want him to leave me alone for once! Justin fiddles with the bracelets on his wrist. "I care about you, Lake. You know that." He whispers.

"You sure have a terrible way to show it." I scoff. 

"Lake, look at me." I shake my head, not wanting to look him straight in the eyes. 

His fingers capture my chin, forcing me to look up at him. His delicate fingers trace the skin on my chin. He looks at me tenderly and I feel my heart beat race. "What's making you so upset?" 

"It's nothing important. I just really needed to let down my walls for a day." I admit. It's not like i'm going to tell him i'm upset because my family is a fucking mess. He looks at me for a few seconds that seem like hours, deciding wether or not he should believe me. We both know he can see right through my stupid lies, but he chooses to let it go.

I watch Justin's adams apple bob up and down visibly. He was too close to my face right now, but I couldn't bring myself to pull away. "You're beautiful," He whispers, this thumb caressing my cheek.

I don't say anything and Justin starts to lean in. I take a deep breath and turn away. "We can't do this." I whisper. The hurt in Justin's eyes are clear as he pulls away from me.

"Why?" He whispers and I hold back a scoff. He's kidding right?

"You know why." I harshly say. "Lake-"

"I really don't want to hear it." I shake my head, blinking back the stupid tears. I don't want him to see me cry again. "You should leave." I whisper. 

-

Justin Bieber: 

I swirled the liquid in my cup, 'listening' to whatever the hell Allie was going on about. "Justin," A voice snaps, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, what?" I look up to see my fiancé with her arms crossed, looking down at me with squinted eyes. "Why aren't you listening to me?" She sighs dramatically, making me roll my eyes at her.