Chapter 3: "It's actually salmon"

Lake Coleman:

"I'll see you next week then?" Olivia, the soon to be bride, asked.

"Yes, of course, next week it is. I'll make sure to book that Jazz band you wanted. Next week we'll be talking flowers and decor since everything else is basically done." I rambled as I went through my notes.

I kept practically everything in this light blue wedding planner. It helped me a lot to stay on track with everything for all the weddings I was helping to plan. Olivia and her fiancé Jared were getting married in four months. All we had to do was pick the flowers, get the decoration colours chosen and they are set! We had done everything else a little while back.

"Great! See you soon, Lake."

"Bye, Olivia." I smiled, walking her to the office door. She left and I quickly rushed to grab my things and shove them into my bag.

I cleaned up and left my office, saying a quick goodbye to Cassie before getting into my car.

I really just wanted to go home and slip into some really comfy clothes and lay back for a bit, like I did every Friday night, but tonight gave me no option to do that.

I padded to the bathroom and had the shower running before stepping in. I washed up and then dried my hair. I pulled on some dark washed skinny jeans and pulled a loose white david bowie t shirt over my head. To complete my outfit I put on my denim jacket, rolling the sleeves up a bit.

I didn't need to dress too fancy since it was just dinner at my sister and Ed's place with my brother, Ed's brother and his cousin. Nothing too special really.

When I was ready I slipped on some shoes and I was ready to go.

"You're late," My sister, Lola, deadpanned as soon as she opened the door. I glanced at the time on my phone, "I am not!" I argued.

"Yes, you are."

"No, i'm not."

"Um, yeah you are."

"Lola, it's only six thirty one." I groaned. She just crossed her arms over her chest, "And we agreed for you to be here at six thirty sharp."

I raised my hands up in surrender, "Fine, fine, sorry. Jeez. It's not my fault that the elevator is slow."I muttered. Lola let out a small laugh, "Well next time run for it on the stairs."

I walked into her familiar apartment and shook my head, "That would require for me to actually run up a ton of staircases. You live on the fifteenth floor!"

"Lola? Is that, Lake?" Ed's voice was heard from the kitchen. I pass the living room and reach the kitchen where Ed is checking something on the stove.

My younger brother, Sebastian also known as Seb, was leaning against the counter, a drink in his hand. "Hey, Lake." He smiled, putting down his drink. I returned a hello and said a hello to Ed.

He sheepishly turned away from the stove and I let out a laugh. He was wearing a pink apron which probably belonged to my sister. "Pink looks nice on you, Ed."

He scowled at me, pointing out in a tone, "It's actually salmon."

Seb scoffed, "Whatever you say, Ed."

Ed just flicked him off and turned back to whatever he was checking on the stove. There was another knock on the door and I heard Jacob, Ed's brother, apologizing to Lola for being a few minutes late.

"What the hell? You argue with me for being a minute late yet he's like six minutes late and all you say is 'it's okay, Jacob.'?" I accused instantly. Jacob chuckled, removing his shoes, "Good to see you, Lake."

"Likewise," I chuckled, walking over to give him a hug. Jacob was only a year younger than me and he's some sort of super genius.

"Sorry we're late I had to pick up, Ryan." He rolled his eyes, jabbing a thumb back to the hall. Ryan? I furrowed my brows. Not once have Ed or Jacob mentioned a Ryan before.

Soon a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes. A few tattoos were peaking from his shirt. I had to admit, he was quite good-looking.

"Hey, Ry." Lola smiled, hugging the boy. I awkwardly stood there as he removed his shoes.

"Ryan and Jacob are here!" Lola yelled to Ed and our brother as she retreated to the kitchen with Jacob.

"Hey, i'm Ryan," The boy said, putting his hand out for me to shake. I smiled and shook his hand, "Lake." I said. He nodded, "Cool name."

"Thanks," I felt a slight blush coax my face. Argh, why must he be so good looking? We both walked to the kitchen where Ed and Lola were setting up the table. I grabbed a few things to set up myself.

"Seb can you get the drinks from the fridge? And don't you dare touch the dessert!" Lola yelled.

"Relax woman!" Seb huffed, going through the fridge for the drinks. I chuckled to myself, setting down the cups. "So... you're Lola and Seb's sister huh?" Ryan spoke softly, startling me a bit.

"Erm, yeah." I awkwardly said. We were both quiet before he spoke up again, "Are you still in school?" I shook my head, "No, I'm working now."

Ryan perked up at this, "Oh yeah! You're the wedding planner, right? Ed gave me your card and I gave my friends your card since they are in need of a wedding planner." He chuckled, rubbing the back of his neck.

I smiled, "Who's your friends?" Ryan was about to speak up when Lola cut him off, "Okay guys, dinner is served!"

The rest of the dinner went quite well. We were all just joking around and eating a nice meal. I got to know a little more about Ryan and he had asked to exchange numbers.

"Time for me to head off," I said to the group. I hugged everyone and thanked Ed and my sister for the food before leaving their apartment. I really wish I got to ask who Ryan gave my card to, maybe i'll just text him later.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

I hope this wasn't too boring for you guys! I don't know if you guys find this interesting or not so hopefully as we move on it gets better. Vote, comment and add if you want to

-Diana

The Wedding Planner -Justin Bieber-जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें