Chapter 32: Apologizes

Alphabet boy by Melanie Martinez 

Knee socks by Arctic Monkeys

~

Lake Coleman:

"This is nice, right?" Lola asks, scooping a spoonful of mash potatoes onto her plate. She sets it down with a smile and sighs when noticing the frown on my face. "Will you snap out of it, Lake? Jacob is trying to talk to Ryan, you can't just keep sulking all the damn time." She scowls at me. 

I mumble a small sorry and pick at the piece of meat on my plate. "Hey, sorry I'm late."  Seb enters the dining room and sits down into the seat next to me. I plaster a fake smile, "Hi bro." 

Lola asked Seb and I to come over for a 'Coleman sibling dinner'. Ed was out on a business trip for three days so he wouldn't be joining us. 

"So... guys you know how I mentioned I was seeing someone... Crystal, to be more specific." 

"Yeah," Lola sits up straight. "Well... I was thinking it's time to meet her. I was with her just today. She agreed to meet you guys." He smiles brightly and I can't help, but smile back. "That's great, Seb!" 

"How did you two meet anyway?" Lola asks. 

"Coffee house." He smiles and I could practically see the hearts in his eyes. 

"What a cliché." I snort which makes Lola laugh and Seb pout at me.

Dinner continues and Seb continues to go on and on about Crystal. We agreed to meet her this Friday for dinner at this new restaurant that opened up a few weeks ago as well. 

"I have to start going. I have to get home, take a shower and what not." I inform my siblings. We say our goodbyes and I head out the door and drive home.

When I get to my place, I take a shower and dress in some more comfy clothes. There's a knock on my door and I frown, slowly placing my book down on the coffee table. Should I get up and answer? I question myself. 

I was comfortably cuddled into my couch with my book and a cup of steaming tea in front of me. I sigh, standing up to peak in the peephole of the door.  My breath hitches when I see Ryan on the other side and I hesitate a bit before I open the door. 

Ryan's head snaps up when I open the door and his blue eyes meet mine.

"Hi," He doesn't smile.

"H-hey," My voice cracks and I swear under my breath.

"Sorry for not calling ahead. I wanted to make this quick." Ryan says and I move aside. "Do you want to come in?" I offer.

He doesn't say anything and steps into my apartment. I close the door behind him and Ryan looks around as if this was his first time in here. I clear my throat and nod my head to the livingroom. He follows.

"You can sit. I'll bring you tea." 

"That won't be necessary."

"Oh?" Our eyes are locked as if we're having a staredown. Ryan's adam's apple bobs up and down as he visibly gulps. Why does he look so nervous? "Look, Ryan, I need to apologize to you, I-" He lifts a hand up, "Lake, stop it." 

I shut my mouth close instantly. "You don't need to apologize..." 

"Yes, I do! What I did to you was terrible and I feel so bad about it. You're such an amazing guy Ryan and I'm really sorry for what I did. Any girl would be lucky to have you..." I whisper. And it's true. Ryan is such an amazing person and he deserves so much better. 

"Lake, don't apologize. You and Justin deserve each other. Justin is my best friend and I care for you deeply. I'm not exactly over you yet and yes, the fact that you choose him over me hurts, but it's always been you two from the start. Always has been and always will be." 

I can feel my heart ache in my chest from his words. "I want you to be happy. I just need some time. Jacob talked to me about and Justin has been apologizing so many damn times. He even sent me ten cards, five small teddy bears, three giant ones and a picture of him with 'I'm Sorry Ryan' written on his forehead in a black marker." He chuckles which makes me giggle a bit. 

"He's my best friend and I can't stay mad at him forever." Ryan sighs. "Have you told him?" I ask. He shakes his head no.

"I forgive you Lake, but I need to tell you one more thing," 

A knock on the door cuts Ryan off. "One second, okay? Then you can tell me." He nods, shoving his hands into his pockets.

I open the door and smile when I see Justin. "Hey, sorry for dropping by like this. I just got back from a 'date' with Allie and I feel like my head is going to explode," Justin groans, walking right past me and to the living room before I can warn him that Ryan is here.

Justin stops dead in his tracks when he see's Ryan sitting on my couch.

Ryan slowly stands, his eyes set on Justin. He walks over to him until they're standing a few centimeters away from each other. 

I stand still, watching as they silently have a staredown. When Ryan pulls Justin into his chest, a smile etches on my lips.

The two best friends hug, clapping each other on the back. "I forgive you." Ryan says and I could practically see the smile on Justin's face even though he isn't facing me.

"I love you, man." Justin says and I hear Ryan repeat the words back before they pull apart. 

"So.... who's up for some ice cream?" 

~

"Hey, do you want to come help pick out tuxes with me?" Justin asks when he walks into my office.

I raise an eyebrow, sitting on the edge of my desk. "You want me to help you pick a tux for your wedding? A wedding that includes Allie as the bride? No thanks." I scoff, leaning back.

He rolls his eyes, "Come on. It's going to be boring. I need someone to keep me company as I try on a whole shit ton of designer tuxes." 

"Please just come," He steps forward, trapping me between my desk with his hands on either side of me. 

His face was so close I would just have to lean in a bit until our lips could touch. One hand lightly hovers my thigh and Justin licks his lips and I look away, clearing my throat. 

He instantly withdraws his hand back. "Sorry." 

"It's alright. I need to get a change of clothes. Then we can go, okay?" 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Omg someone added this story to a list called 'Amazing Stories That Make You Fall In Love' and as soon as I saw it I smiled really big because when I see things my stories being added to lists I get so happy because im glad you guys like my story so much to actually do something like that so thank you :)) 

I'm going to see a soccer match this weekend and I get to meet the team, coach and do all that fun stuff so I'm excited! 

I HAVE NO SCHOOL ON MONDAY YAYY

I love you guys! Until next time,

-Diana