Chapter 11

Rose's pov
When I had woken up, Steve was there right beside me. I felt confused and disoriented, but Steve helped me. We are currently making our way to the main living room. Steve and I sit on the couch and he puts on some sort of show. I wasn't really paying attention.

I had so much going through my mind. Hydra, the team, Joan. I don't understand, she act like she doesn't remember me, what she did to me, but I knew she did. She was probably just trying to protect herself.

I was laying on Steve's lap and he was stroking my hair. I felt safe when I was around him. I couldn't explain it. Eventually everyone else comes in and we all just sit there and talk. I don't really contribute though. Then the door opens. We all look back and see Bucky and Joan walk in.

"What is she doing out?" Tony yells, standing up.

We all turn around and stand up and go to the opposite side of the couches.

"She's not a prisoner," Bucky hisses.

"You can't just let her go! You don't know what she's capable of!" He snaps.

What were they talking about?

"Actually, I do. You all need to calm down," Bucky says.

"All it took was one word to take you, Nat, and Rose out. Or did you forget about that too?" Tony barks.

"Tony, enough. It's fine. She did what she thought was best," Natasha says standing up.

"Look, as much as I hate to admit it, I don't think she's the one we should be questioning," Natasha says.

This confuses me.

"Steve, I know Joan, she wouldn't betray us like this. Besides, if she wanted you all dead, she would have done it a while ago," Bucky says.

"How much do you really know about her? Did you get her files?" Joan asks, leaving everyone stunned.

"What are you saying?" I ask. Why did she hate me? I did nothing to her! I watch as she moves from the counter in the kitchen and over to me. She's only inches away, I can't help but feel intimidated around her.

"How long were you actually with Hydra? Huh?" She asks."How long have you actually been with Hydra?" She adds

"Why does-"I go to ask, but Joan cuts me off.

"Just answer, the fucking, question."

I flinch at her voice. It was dark, low, and filled with anger. "Six years," I squeak out. Then, she starts chuckling. This sent shivers run down my spine.

"Joan, enough!" Steve demands.

"Are you serous?" She asks in an annoyed tone.

"Six years? What a fucking joke," She laughs.

"Joan. Stop!" Steve scolds.

"Really Steve? Come on. Why are you taking her side? Your best friend was literally with the people that turned him into a monster for seventy years. Natasha,was with them from the time she was five until she was sixteen! This girl is acting like she had it worse than any of us!" She yells.

"Just because I wasn't there for as long as you guys, doesn't mean that my experience was nice. You have no right to judge me after everything that you've done to me!"I scream. I couldn't hold back the tears anymore.

"What did I do to you?" She asks.

"You really don't remember do you?" I scoff. "Let me ask you this, how long have you been with Hydra?"

She pauses, and honestly, the pause said enough."I've been with those motherfuckers for an entire century. Don't you dare. Compare your time. To mine," she grits through her teeth.