Chapter 7

Steve's pov
  "Rose? Rose are you ok?" I ask stepping towards her. Right as I'm about to place my hand on her, I am tackled to the ground and a ball of fire flies past me. I get out of Joans arms and Tony helps me up.

"What the hell happened?" Tony asks, taking Steve side.

"We need to move!" Joan commands.

  Tony and I follow Joan behind one of the pillars. Using his tech, Tony calls one of his suits. When I turn around to Joans, she is already moving towards the weapons that are on the wall. I watch as she grabs one of the swords and hides behind one of the pillars.

  "What's the move Cap?" Tony asks.

  "We need to take her out. My guess is that Wanda said something to set her off. She probably has trigger words like Bucky did. We just need to get her to calm down," I tell him.

"Joan! Don't kill her!" I hear Bucky yell.

  I turn back around to see that Joan is ready to kill her. Thankfully though, she throws the sword to the side of her.

"It's just you and me,"Joans says with her hands up in a surrendering position.

"Your going home," Rose says.

  Rose sends her flying through a wall. Bucky and Nat though are quick to her aid. We all rush over to see what was going on. Once we get there, they were all in a stand off. But what caught my attention, was the fact that Joan had a metal arm, similar to Bucky's old one.

  Then out of no where, all four of them just drop. We all rush into the room and take their sides.

  "What the hell just happened?" Tony asks in shock.

  "Nat, wake up," Clint says shaking her.

  I take Bucky's side and try to shake him. "Buck, wake up."

  "Wanda, read their minds," Tony commands.

  Wanda walks into the middle of the four and red wisps of energy fly around them.

  "I, I can't tell what's going on," Wanda says. Her eyes are closed but still squinting and her head is tilted to the side. "It's like their asleep," she adds.

  "I'm sure they'll be fine. But right now I think that we have something bigger that we need to worry about," Clint says.

  We all look over to Joan. Her hair had come out of it's braid and was all over her face. She had blood coming from her nose and a split lip. But what all of our eyes went too, was her left arm.

  "Did any of you guys know about this?" Tony asks.

  "I mean, I always guessed that there was a different reason behind her wearing the gloves, but I didn't think it would be this. Do you think that maybe, she's still working with Hydra?" Clint asks.

  "I mean Rose did seem so be afraid of her. From what it sounded, it was like Joan had hurt her in some way," I add.

  "We'll take Bucky, Nat, and Rose down to Banner. But Joan, we'll have to lock her up for now," Tony says.

  "Are you guys serious? Do you guys not remember what Joan has done for us? She's been with us for about a year. She's never done anything to hurt us. She's kept to herself and has always been good. She's helped us win so many battles. She's even takes down Hydra bases," Wanda argues.

  "But we don't know what she's capable of," I add.

  "We already knew though that she was apart of Hydra. Why is it now such a big deal?" Wanda asks in a frustrated tone.

  "Because, with that arm, it means that she was a Winter Soldier. We don't know anything about her. Tony, call Banner and Fury. We're going to get this whole thing squared away," I say, right as I leave the room. I knew I couldn't trust her, I knew something was wrong with her. She lied to us. We are going to find out who Joan really is.

Joan's pov
  My head was throbbing with pain. I felt disoriented and out of it. My eyes flutter open, trying to adjust to the light. I go to bring my hand to my face but quickly realize that my arm is bound to my side. I dart up but my head is bound to a metal table. I look down to see that all my limbs are tied down to a metal table.

  "No," I barely get out.

  I try to get out, but the metal bounds were too tight. I could feel them digging into my skin.

  "No.No.No! Let me out!" I shout.

  I try squirming, but it's no use. I squeeze my eyes shut and take a deep breath. Suddenly, the door opens and a lady walks in. I turn my head to Dr. Cho walk in. What the hell was going.

  "What's going on? Cho, you need to let me out," I try begging. But she doesn't even look my way. "Please! Cho let me go!" At this point I was freaking out. I try to get out of the restraints once more.

  "You won't be able to get out of those," she says with her back faced to me.

  "What's going on?" But she doesn't say anything. "Please!" I shout, trying to hold back the tears that threaten to fall.

  I take a deep breath and take in my surroundings. I look to see where Cho was, she was standing by a cabinet with a white counter top. The room was dimly light. I look to my right to see the door that Dr. Cho had entered in. The room was made out of concrete and the door was made out of metal. On the wall was a one way mirror. Someone was monitoring me.

  I needed to get out of here. "Cho, who's on the other side of that glass?" And then, a familiar voice comes through the speakers.