The lady of Old town

Alicent responded to her father's summons, finding herself in his tower of the hand late that evening. Otto welcomed her with a hug. "My darling, how is Rhaenyra?"

"Her mother died," Alicent replied.

Otto held his daughter tight. "The Queen was well beloved by all. I found myself thinking of your own mother today," he said, his voice tinged with sorrow. "How is the king and the prince?"

"Very low, which is why I sent for you," Otto said with a mournful look.

Seated at his desk, Otto continued, "I thought you might go to the prince and offer him comfort."

"In his chambers?" Alicent asked, her nerves evident. "I wouldn't know what to say." She began to bite her nails, a habit she often sought solace in, her fingertips raw from the stress of court.

"Don't do that," Otto said, taking her hands. "You are the most comely girl at court, and the prince will appreciate a visit."

Alicent nodded and started to leave the chamber. As she did, her father spoke up, "And you might want to wear one of your mother's dresses."

***

Following her father's advice, Alicent adorned herself in one of her mother's dresses. The olive green fabric adorned with flowers and butterflies accentuated her beauty, captivating those in court.

With a story from the Age of heroes in hand, she made her way to Prince Aelor's chamber.

***

Prince Aelor sat solemnly in his chamber, lost in thought. The recent loss of his mother weighed heavily on him, compounded by the pressure from his father to find a wife. Amidst mourning, he felt overwhelmed by the demands of duty and the expectations of courtly life. A knock at the door interrupted his reverie.

"The Lady Alicent Hightower, my prince," his guard announced.

"Alicent?" Aelor said, surprised. "Send her in." As Alicent entered, he noticed her in a beautiful dress, holding a book. "Alicent, can I help you with something?" he asked, curious.

Alicent smiled gently. "I thought I could read to you, my prince, and offer you some comfort in your hours of need." Aelor smiled back, recalling her kindness throughout their childhood. He gestured for her to take a seat next to him.

As Alicent began to read, Aelor found solace in her calm, soothing voice recounting tales of old. Amidst his grief and turmoil, he couldn't help but consider the possibility of marrying her. She was caring, and dutiful, and would make a fine mother to his children.

--------------------------------------

Hi, everyone, thank you too all that have read and voted for my story so far.

Can you please vote below for who you want Prince Aelor to marry:

- Lady Laena Velaryon

- Princess Daenys Targaryen

- Lady Alicent Hightower

Thank you again everybody and please remember to like and vote on your favourite part ;)