The Queens funeral

In the sombre atmosphere surrounding the funeral pyre, House Targaryen and the small council gathered, draped in black attire with some veiling their faces. They stood in mournful silence, awaiting the command of the grieving Princess to initiate the final rites. Syrax, the dragon, stood sentinel atop the hill, mirroring the sorrow of her rider.

King Viserys, his countenance heavy with grief and guilt, cast a haunted gaze upon the wrapped bodies of his beloved Queen Aemma Arryn and their newborn son, Prince Baelon, who had passed only three days after birth. He knew, deep within, that his actions had contributed to their tragic demise, compounding his anguish over the loss of both wife and heir.

Rhaeynra, overwhelmed with sorrow and anger at the untimely loss of her mother, could only weep bitterly, her heart weighed down by the belief that her father's failure to name her brother, Aelor, as heir had led to this tragedy. She stood beside her brother and uncle, her grief palpable, her eyes reflecting a simmering rage directed at her father, whose actions she blamed for their collective loss.

Meanwhile, Prince Aelor, consumed by his grief, had withdrawn from the courtly proceedings, seeking solace in solitude, either immersed in books or honing his skills in the training yard. His silent presence beside his sister and uncle spoke volumes, his grief mingled with a silent fury towards his father for perpetuating their family's suffering by denying him his rightful place as heir.

Daemon, seeking to offer some semblance of comfort, approached his niece, gently reminding her of her duty. Yet, Rhaeynra's response echoed the deep-seated resentment she harboured towards her father, lamenting the futile consequences of his actions.

As the Princess commanded her dragon with a heavy heart, uttering the valyrian decree "Dracarys," Syrax, the slender yellow dragon, descended slowly, her fiery breath engulfing the pyre. The flames, symbolizing the intertwined destiny of dragons and their riders, consumed the remains of Queen Aemma and Prince Baelon, marking their final passage with fire and blood.

Throughout the ceremony, a pall of sorrow hung over all in attendance, each bearing the weight of their loss as they bid farewell to their beloved Queen and her infant son.