𝟏𝟎 || 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐏𝐄𝐀𝐂𝐄𝐅𝐔𝐋 𝐎𝐀𝐒𝐈𝐒

Since the previous night, my dad was pissed at us. For waking him out of his sleep to catch us sneaking out in the middle of the night. He gave us a long lecture early in the morning, and I barely remembered what he said, as I was half asleep.

I was grounded, and he made it clear to Caleb of the rules in the house.

We went on my daily run.

"Geez, and I thought your mom was worse."

"Huh?" He turned his whole body to my attention

"Your mom. I've met her before, do you remember?"

"Of course I remember, but how do you remember her?"

"I have good memory."

He stared at me confused.

"And you didn't even mention your sister, who attends the same school as us," I continued, raising an eyebrow.

"What's the real reason to why your family is so secretive?"

He realized he had been caught in his web of lies. I waited for him to answer, but he stayed silent, unable to come up with an excuse. It was clear that our daily runs were not just about exercise, but about finding the truth.

I had to remind him that trust was the key to our relationship.

"My family is different from most, but that's what makes us special."

It was like he was telling the truth but lying at the same time.

"Different in what way?"

"We have a different culture and way of life compared to most families," he said, as he continued.

We come from a mixed-race background and have traditions and customs that may not be familiar to others. For example, our family celebrates holidays from multiple cultures and we incorporate them into our own unique traditions. We embrace it wholeheartedly.

"I didn't know you were religious and I didn't know your family celebrated Christmas and Diwali! I love learning about different cultures and traditions."

"Maybe I could visit your side of the family, and teach me about your culture and traditions."

He said without hesitation, "No I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why?"

He changes the subject. Our run leads up to a waterfall, in the privacy of the secluded forest. As the water cascades down the rocks, he turns to me and says, "Have you ever seen anything so beautiful?"

I smile, and nodded my head.

"This is the waterfall of peaceful oasis," I said gazing at the cascading water.

"I made that name up, since I was a child."

Caleb chuckles.

"Apparently, "It's said to bring truth and good fortune to anyone who stands beneath it."

"That's just a lengend, right." His expression turned serious.

I shrugged, "Who knows? But it can't hurt to try."

I push him into the water as he lets out a scream.

I admired his body and couldn't help but feel a flutter of butterflies in my stomach. I watched as his hair fell in his face, and his nipples were erected from the cold water, as I could see them peeking out his wet shirt. His toned muscles and cute smile were enough to make any girl's heart skip a beat. But as I looked closer, I noticed the scar on his arm, and I hadn't noticed because he always wore long sleeve shirts.