𝟎𝟕 ||

Last night Lacey and I talked for hours about our plan to dig deeper into the Carusos secrets. We decided that I visit my father who is a doctor. He knows a lot about skin cancers and diseases, so it was the perfect opportunity.

I begged for her to come with me, but she couldn't, as it would blow off our undercover.

I thought it was perfect timing because spring break was a week away. So it all made sense.

My bag is packed and ready to go. I say goodbye to the girls, as I'm walking out the dorm room. I see Caleb standing beside the doorway.

"Where are you going?"

"To see my boyfriend," I said sarcastically.

He laughs, "You don't have a boyfriend. What's his name?"

I look at him, and the way I looked at him answered his question.

"I'm going home for the weekend," I reply, hefting my bag onto my shoulder.

"I need a break from campus life." Caleb nods, knowing how hectic school can be.

"Do you want me to come?"

"You can't be serious right now," I said in shock.

His constant need to be by my side was becoming suffocating. But his expression was serious.

"No I don't want you to come."

"Why?" He begged.

"Because I didn't invite you."

"Well I'm inviting myself," he said.

"I want to make sure safe, while you travel."

"If I could fly here alone, I'm sure I can make it safely back."

"Nothing is guaranteed," he said.

"Your right, and so is you not coming with me."

The driver yells from the car, "Hurry up."

"Looks like I have to go. Without you," I teased.

He grabs my arm, so hard my bag fell to the ground. You could tell he was mad at what I said.

"Let go of me," I whispered so the others couldn't hear.

"Ouch that burns," I said as he noticed the burn marks on my arms that I had been trying to hide by wearing long sleeves. I didn't want anyone to see the marks that reminded me of the dangerous situation that I was in. What made matters worse is that I could barely remember it.

"Why didn't you tell me you had bruises on your arm," he questioned in anger.

"Why don't you tell me how I got the bruises?"

He didn't say anything.

I watched as he stood there staring at me, and I could see the pain in his eyes. The bruises definitely mean't something much more.

As the driver loads the car with my bags. I hear a loud roar from behind, and it sounds familiar. I turn around to see Caleb in his truck driving off quickly. I hoped he didn't drive recklessly, to the point where he crashed. I wondered where he was going?

On the plane, I wrote in my diary that I forgot to document the first day I arrived here.

"Dear Diary, yesterday was the worst day ever. It all started when I found out that Caleb, my crush, has been hiding a secret from me. I couldn't believe it, and I wished I listened to Maya.

I couldn't shake off the feeling that Caleb had drugged me and taken advantage of me. I feel so violated and betrayed. How could he do this to me? What if he raped me? I don't even know who he really is anymore. I feel like my whole world has been shattered. Can I put my detective skills to the test?" Thank you for reading my diary.