𝟎𝟓 || 𝐓𝐑𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐂𝐄𝐒𝐒

You know that feeling when your awake, but you can't move. That's exactly how I felt. I felt trapped, and helpless.

As I finally woke up from this deep sleep. My head felt heavy, and my vision was blurry. I had to blink a few times to see clearly.

I soon realized I was in a hospital. My body ached, and I couldn't remember how I got there. I felt a headache growing on me, as I could hear the machines beeping every second, and the tv playing loud. I noticed the IV in my arm, and the hospital gown I was wearing to the dark blisters covering my arm.

I was panicking, and the questions kept flooding my mind. Are these blisters permanent? Was I in a car accident? Was I alone?

I opened my eyes again to see a nurse standing next to my hospital bed. "Your finally awake," she said with a creepy grin. I jolted by her presence. She stood over me like she was watching me sleep. My heart began racing as I was frightened by her behavior.

Suddenly, the heart rate machine starts beeping faster.

I looked at it, and looked back at her. She puts the needle and I feel the sharp prick as the blood is drawn.

"Your lucky to be alive," she continued to smile in a way that made my skin crawl.

What did she mean by "lucky to be alive"? And why was she so creepy? I tried to sit up, but the heart rate machine started beeping faster. The nurse looked at it and then back at me with that same unsettling grin.

The nurse takes the needle out and places a cotton ball on the small wound, applying pressure to stop the bleeding.

"What happened?" I asked, my heart racing even faster now. "Am I okay?"

"Your more than okay," she replied, her smile only growing wider.

"Your friends will be here soon," she said before leaving the room.

I felt that there something was seriously wrong that she kept avoiding my questions. I grew angry because of it, and it was clear she was hiding something.

I watch tv to make the time go by faster.

The door opens again, and I see Caleb standing there with a bouquet of flowers. He looks tired, his usually neat hair is messy and his clothes are wrinkled.

"Sorry to interrupt," he says, "but I couldn't resist overhearing your conversation."

I roll my eyes.

"Looks like someone's in trouble," he teased.

"This isn't funny," I said.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to bring you these flowers to brighten your day. You sounded stressed out."

He put the flowers into a vase, filling it with water.

"I'm just trying to understand what's happening," I continued, my voice trembling.

"I thought nurses were supposed to be there to help and answer questions, but she seemed distant and uninterested."

I looked at him, hoping for some sort of comfort, but he remained silent, neither agreeing nor disagreeing with me.

He grabs my hand and says, "Some things are better off unsaid." It was clear he agreed with nurse.

But maybe he was right and things are left unsaid for the better. Plus, she said I was okay. So that was all I needed to hear to calm my worries.

That cold and rainy night, the girls and I decided to skip school, and watch movies all day. I found myself distracted by the aggressive rain hitting the windows, and the loud thunder rumbling in the distance. It frightened me at times. The thought of going to school in such terrible weather seemed like a nightmare.