03 || 𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

I woke up, as I could feel a dull throb in my head and a sick stomach. My mouth was dry and my body was heavy, like I just ran a marathon.

As I turn my head to the side I see my bright red book on my nightstand. When I left Caleb's house, I was so in a hurry. I forgot all about it, so I was happy to see it their beside me.

I stumbled out of bed trying to find some aspirin, to ease my morning sickness. I could barely remember yesterday. The only thing I remember was dancing all over Caleb, and people were offering drinks. So many that I couldn't keep count.

The hangover had officially set in, and I told myself, "never again." I knew I was in for a rough day, and I was doing whatever I could to help it go away.

I discreetly made my way to the kitchen to get an ice pack. I notice Maya sleeping on the couch wildly.

"Goodmorning," Maya's voice was barely above a whisper. You could tell she had a rough night.

I was startled by her because I didn't know she was awake.

"Are you okay from last night. You got pretty wasted," I said searching though the fridge for an ice pack.

I couldn't find any, so I searched for food instead.

"I'm so sorry about that, that was like the worst impression ever."

She slaps her face, and kicks her feet into the cushions.

"No I don't blame you. That's the point of drinking anyways."

I pretended like it was nothing, knowing damn well I had dipsophobia. I hated being around drunk people, it makes me want to cry. But part of me didn't want to be left out. I had no choice but to fit in, and I knew I had to overcome that fear.

"I forgot to mention, but my room is flooded," I said nervously, my voice sounded disappointed.

"I'm sorry to hear that, where are you going to stay," she questioned.

"I don't know. I was thinking I could stay with you till my room dries up."

"That's a great idea! Now we can be even closer. You might as well not even live there at all."

I was relieved she approved of my suggestion, but deep down I knew this was a bad idea. I needed to stay away from her, and Caleb. They were nothing, but trouble. The more parties I attended, the more I slept pass my bedtime, my grades were going to be bad. How was I going to manage this lifestyle, and keep good grades?

She notices me opening and closing the cabinets.

"There is no food. How about you take the car and go grocery shopping," Maya said sitting up from her laid position.

"I can't drive."

"Oh."

There was a brief pause.

"There is only one person I know who has a car."

"Who," I said eager to know.

"Caleb," she said.

"I thought you said I needed to stay away from him?"

"No I said to be careful around him. But it's important for you to get groceries. I can't do it because I'm sick, so who else?"

"I understand that, but what about ordering groceries online or using a delivery service? I don't feel comfortable going to the store and potentially exposing myself to the virus."

She laughs, "There is no such thing as delivery here."

"And your not going to spread this virus." She starts mocking me, and quoting her fingers.