04 || 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐑𝐀𝐋 𝐎𝐅 𝐎𝐃𝐃𝐋𝐘

When I woke up, the car had stopped and Caleb was gently shaking me awake.

"Wake up sleepyhead," he said, his voice gentle.

I lifted my head from his chest, trying to remember where we were. Then it hit me - we were at his mother's house.

The scenery outside the car window was odd. It almost felt like we had stepped into a different dimension. It made me question if this place was real or not.

"You live here," I said rubbing my eyes.

He nodded. I could see his cold expression. His face was lighter than usual. The color of his eyes was a deep, ominous brown. He was still Caleb, but there was something unfamiliar about him.

I turn away from him.

The house was dark and gloomy, with peeling paint and overgrown weeds in the yard. It had to be three stories high, it was so big. It made me think if he had any siblings.

"What's wrong?" I said turning towards him.

"I hate it here," he said staring back at the house.

"Why do you say that?"

He sighs, his shoulders slumping in defeat. "You won't understand, your not the same person as me."

"Well of course I'm not the same person as you," I let out a nervous laugh.

He didn't say anything. No smile. No eye contact. No reaction. No nothing. He was serious.

I didn't say anything after that.

I was confused of what he meant, and it triggered even more of my desire to explore the deeper meaning to his words. But I knew it was a place and time for all that.

"It's time," he said.

He was in a hurry all of the sudden.

"What are you talking about?" I said getting out the car following him like a child.

The freezing cold air made me feel paralyzed. It was so cold I felt like I had to throw up.

"Just follow me, and shut up. I'm not even supposed to bring you here."

I can't believe he had the audacity to tell me to shut up.

"No, I won't shut up," I declared. "You can't just talk to me like that."

"Shut up," he said again. "Don't make me get out of character infront of all these people."

"And I'm sure you don't want to embarrass yourself." He stood so close, it felt like he were going to kiss me. I could feel his breath brushing at my face.

"Go ahead," I said crossing my arms together.

There was a pause. His words were harsh but I refused to back down. I could see the anger in his eyes, but I wouldn't let him control me. I knew I had to stand my ground, even though inside, I was trembling with fear.

"Still waiting." I was shivering by now.

He grabs my chin, and kisses me. I could feel his muscular lips meeting mines, and the warmth of his tongue. His lips were soft like a pillow, and so wet that when our lips separated saliva stretched apart.

"I'm not going to embarrass neither of us," he admitted.

I smiled, still in shock from the kiss. It was unexpected, but it really lightened my mood.

The air was thick, so it was hard to breathe, maybe because we were on a high mountain. Each step I felt like walking on a steep incline. My nose and throat were as dry as a bone.