Chapter Twelve: We're A Family!

[Later]

"YOU DID WHAT?!" Hunter bellows suddenly. Kyla jumped, Shaeeah and Jek looked up and Cut stood up from his chair. Hunter jumped out of his chair and rushed outside. Kyla was right on his heels with Cut.

"TECH!" Hunter yells into the comms.

"This was the simplest solution." Tech explains.

"Getting our ship impounded is not my idea of a solution!" Hunter snaps.

"We'll meet you at the spaceport with the chain codes. I have this under control." Tech explains.

"There's just one big problem with your plan, Tech." Kyla states calmly as she took the comms from Hunter since he was beyond angry.

"What's that?" Tech asks.

"Omega's on the ship." Kyla states.

"I think it's a good plan, Tech." Omega's voice calls out over the comms.

"So much for simple." Echo mutters. Kyla looks at Hunter.

[Later That Evening]

Kyla walks beside Hunter wearing an inconspicuous hat, her cloak and her outfit carrying her bag like the others carried bags. Wrecker dragged Cut and Suu's cart they were hoping to take with them. Hunter looks at Kyla as he radioed Tech.

"Tech, we're at the spaceport. What is your status?" Hunter whispers.

"In progress. The encryption shouldn't be a problem." Tech responds.

"Mom... I don't like this." Jek whispers.

"Everything will be okay." Suu assures Jek.

"Hurry up. We need those chain codes to get them on the shuttle, or we're going to have to blast our way out of here." Hunter states into the comms.

"Hunter, breathe." Kyla tells him.

"Don't worry, I can slip through security unnoticed and deliver the disks to you momentarily." Tech responds.

Tech and Echo notice an entire group of Troopers walking towards them. It would cause some issues, that was sure. Tech mentions that he wasn't getting past all of the men undetected and that is when Tech and Echo notice that Omega is gone. Tech notices Omega sneaking about outside.

"This great plan of yours is looking really lousy about now." Echo mutters.

"The chain codes are en route... with Omega." Tech radios in.

"What?" Kyla whisper scolds.

"By herself? You let her go by herself?" Hunter asks.

"Well, we didn't let her go." Tech responds, "She ran off on her own."

"I'm on it." Wrecker explains.

"If something happens to her–" Hunter begins and Kyla looks at him.

"Like I said, kids always find trouble." Suu reminds him.

[Meanwhile]

"What is taking so long with the boot? Are you trying to get caught?" Tech asks Echo over the comms.

"I'm doing my best. You wanna come out here and give it a try?" Echo asks.

"Hey, who are you? You don't belong here." A security trooper explains.

"I'm the... maintenance tech." Echo states.

"I've got a situation at bay–" The security trooper begins before Tech knocks him out.