Chapter Seven: A Liability?

[Later]

Kyla walks out of the assembly with the team. She was thinking about what was said.

"Galactic Empire? We're soldiers of the Republic." Echo states.

"Republic, Empire... what's the difference?" Crosshair asks.

"The systematic termination of the Jedi is a big one for me." Tech explains and Kyla runs into Hunter's back when he suddenly stops because he senses something.

"Oof." Kyla squeaks.

"Lads, Ky, we've got company." Hunter states. Hunter turns around causing everyone else to turn to look. They look down at a little girl who smiles at them and waves.

"Hello!" She says with a smile.

"What's that?" Wrecker asks, "It looks like a smaller version of Kyla."

"The term for me is female. She's a girl, Wrecker." Kyla states.

"Adolescent human female. Origins... uncertain." Tech explains.

"My name's Omega. I was wondering when you guys would come back." She says.

"You... know who we are?" Hunter asks.

"Hunter, Kyla, Echo, Tech, Wrecker and Crosshair. You're Clone Force 99." Omega explains.

"Technically I'm not a clone." Kyla replies.

"What are you doing on Kamino, kid?" Hunter asks.

"Her job, of course. She is my medical assistant, one with a curious mind that causes her to wander. Come, Omega. There is work to do." Nala Se, one of the native Kamino and a scientist says coming up behind them.

"This day keeps getting weirder and weirder." Hunter states.

"Let's go get some food. I'm starving." Kyla states. They head to the mess hall to get some food. Hunter and Kyla are still in line when they hear some of the regs talking about someone new who had arrived. They head over to their table where the others were sitting.

"Clones being programmed. Nothing controls me!" Wrecker states.

"Wrecker, it is a logical conclusion that your affinity for destruction would stem from your conditioning." Tech explains.

"You take that back!" Wrecker states.

"I am merely stating a scientific hypothesis based on factual data." Tech explains.

"Well, I got a fact for you. I like to blow things up because I like to blow things up! Got it?" Wrecker exclaims slamming his fists on the table.

"Well, I'm convinced." Crosshair states.

"An imperial has been sent to evaluate the clones." Hunter states.

"Everybody's talking about it." Kyla explains.

"What kind of evaluation?" Echo asks.

"Hopefully not mental. Clearly we'd never pass that." Tech explains and Omega sits down next to Kyla.

"Hello again." Omega exclaims and everyone stares at her, "Omega. From earlier? In the corridor?"

"Yeah, kid. We remember. Don't you have someplace to be?" Hunter asks.

"No. I'll stay." Omega states as Kyla was in the middle of eating. Hunter had to lean around Kyla to speak to her. He ended up getting a full view of Kyla's chest because of where Omega was sitting beside Kyla.

"You want to sit with us? That's never happened before." Tech states.

"Hey, I sit with you boys all the time." Kyla states.