Chapter Ten: Escaping Kamino!

They were alone for a while. The troopers were on the other side of the outer room so they could hear them or really were paying much attention, either. Where could they go after all?

"I've got it. Why didn't I think of it before? This is not is not a prison." Tech states.

"Yeah, well, I beg to differ. This is a Kaminoan facility. It was built prior to the clone wars. There were no barracks or prisons when it was constructed." Tech explains.

"Well, how does that help us?" Hunter asks.

"Because while these cells were retrofitted to hold normal individuals, they could not possibly account for someone like Wrecker." Tech explains.

"Oh! You mean I could punch our way out?" Wrecker asks, getting excited.

"Shush!" Everyone tells him.

"Oh... right." Wrecker states and lowers his voice, "You mean I could punch our way out?"

"If you punch the correct spot." Tech states.

"Right. Show me where." Wrecker states.

"If this is gonna work, we'll need some cover. Form a wall." Hunter states. Kyla, Hunter, Echo and Omega stand together forming the wall. Tech begins feeling the wall. He finds the correct spot.

"Hit this. Here." Tech states and moves to join the wall.

"Right. Tell me when." Wrecker states as he got ready.

"Now." Hunter states. Wrecker hits the wall and sits down like he didn't do anything. Nothing happened anyway.

"Nothing happened." Wrecker states.

"Are you sure this is gonna work?" Hunter asks Tech.

"Hit it harder." Kyla suggests, "Come on Wrecker, you can do it."

"Try it again. A little harder." Tech confirms.

"You're all clear, make it count." Hunter states.

"Okay." Wrecker states. He punches the wall, damages it and he sits down quickly in the tenth of a second it takes the shock troopers to look up. Everyone pretended they weren't doing anything but standing there. Kyla couldn't believe it actually worked. She trusted her brothers and believed in them but she still couldn't believe that it worked.

"It still didn't work." Wrecker states and Tech checks.

"Oh, yes, it did." Tech replies.

"Great job, Wrecker, you did it." Kyla tells him.

"Look." Tech states as he pulls the panel and creates a small opening.

"I'll never fit through that." Wrecker states. Tech shakes his head and sighs.

"Astute as always, Wrecker, but I was actually going to suggest–" Tech begins.

"I'll do it." Omega states.

"You sure, kid?" Hunter asks.

"She's one of us. She can definitely do it." Kyla states.

"I'm sure." Omega states.

"Okay." Hunter states. Kyla smiles as she places her hand on Hunter's shoulder.

"Get to the console and hit the lever to lower the ray shield." Hunter explains. Omega climbs into the hole. After she's gone, Wrecker and Tech close it back up to make it seem like they didn't do anything.

"Incoming." Echo warns and Kyla looks towards the Shock Troopers.

"Wait, where's the girl?" The Shock Trooper leader asks.