Give in

Your heart pounds in your chest, beating against your ribcage like drums. You see the hint of a frown on Jeff's face, at least you think it's a frown. It's hard to tell with the smile cut into his face. He presses his knife against your cheek, tracing the scars on your face from the last time you met. You close your eyes. You're tired of fighting. You lost your parents. You've lost half of your friends. You've lost your old life. You're holed up in a crappy apartment with some dead end job and no money. It's not worth it. Not anymore.
"God fucking dammit!" Jeff yells before leaning close, his voice a harsh whisper, "why the fuck won't you struggle. I want to see you fucking beg. Open your goddamn eyes! You fucking bitch!"
You take in a shaky breath and shake your head. You speak, your voice wavering, filled with fear.
"I'm done fighting. Just get it over with. Kill me."
You open your eyes to see Jeff staring at you, his eyes filled with anger. No. Not anger. His unblinking eyes are filled with hatred. Not because he hates you. He hates that you're not scared of him. You're no more fun. You don't want to fight. There's no more chase. He has you cornered, but you won't scramble for an exit. And he hates that.
He hits you in the face with the hilt of his knife. You cry out in pain, but you still don't move. Your body is tensed from the pain, but you stay still. Blood drips from your busted lip, filling your mouth with that familiar warm, metallic liquid.
He drives his knife into your shoulder in the same exact place as he did when you first encountered him. You scream out in pain, hot tears welling up in your eyes before spilling over and dripping down your cheeks. Your throat closes up as if barbed wire had been wrapped around your neck. You still don't fight.
Jeff yells out of frustration, "Fight me! Stop crying like a bitch and fight me!"
He could have killed you at any time. Any place. In any way. But he didn't. He wanted to see you fight. He wanted to look you in your eyes as he drove his knife into your heart. He wanted to look in your eyes as the life slowly left your eyes, leaving an empty, glassy look. But you had to ruin his fun. You had to be a bitch and give up.
Unfortunately for you, he's not going to let you. He's going to drag your suffering out. He's going to reignite your will to live. Your will to fight. And once he's done that, he'll take your life in the way he was meant to. Now Jeff has a goal other than murder. He's going to make you want to live.