The Old Meets The New

Your fault. 

Why?

WHY? 

Why?

Your fault. 

Kye walked down the hall of the hospital. He couldn't stand to be near y/n any longer. Why didn't he stop? Another screw up. Just when he finally started to do things right. Fuck.

Kye walks into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. He splashes some cold water on his face before sighing. He looks in the mirror.

A monochromatic clown stands behind him with a toothy grin that reveals sharp teeth. The clown lets out a raspy laugh. 

"Hey there, kiddo-"

The clown didn't get a chance to finish his sentence before Kye gruffly cut him off. 

"Shut the fuck up."

The clown continued to grin, though the brief flash of rage in his eyes was hard to miss. 

"Don't you want to here all the fun I had with your friends?" The clown asks, as he lets out a raspy, crazed giggle. 

There was no response from Kye. He buried his face in his hands. That same raspy voice is now right beside his ear, whispering quietly. 

"You know I'm real," the clown laughs again before continuing, "Or am I?"

Kye ran a hand through his hair before turning to Jack.

"Why the fuck won't you leave me alone?" Kye says, finally turning towards the clown. 

His stormy grey eyes are met with pale grey ones. His skin is so pale it's white. Black diamonds are over his eyes, emphasizing the emptiness of his eyes. A swirled cone nose nearly presses against his. He's tall. Too tall. The clown is hunched over to be at eye level with Kye, his gangly arms hanging in front of him. Kye's eyes dart to his disheveled black hair, before going to the black feathers on his shoulders, then the striped long-sleeve shirt.

Before the clown could reply, Kye spoke again, "why are you bothering me? Is no one hiring emo clowns right now?"

The clown laughed maniacally at Kye's snark. 

"You seem fun. I think I'll be staying around for now," the clown says.

Kye sighs, mumbling a few curses before nodding.

"I can't bring myself to give a shit...what's with the get up? How bout the diamonds? Is it makeup?" Kye asks. He's stuck with the clown for now. Might as well make the best of it. 

Kye watches as the clown starts talking.