Chapter 8

*Ding!*

The door chimed as more customers came into the cafe. It's Saturday so the cafe is a little busy.

"Hello! Welcome!" Junkyu greeted the group of girls who looked for a table first.

Lately, Junkyu had been very busy in his cafe as he was trying to get back on his feet. He tried to be more present and hands on in managing his business to try and help pull himself up from the mud. He felt like he had gone through his life twice. Experienced love twice. And experienced the worst kind of heartbreak one could go through - losing your other half, twice.

Remembering Haruto was a painful process but Junkyu was glad he did. Even if he had to be at his worst state again after remembering the loss of his partner, the love of his life, Junkyu would have regretted it more if he had chosen to run away from the pain again.

He was very thankful that he was surrounded with the best support group he could ever ask for, who also had gone through the process with him. Junkyu would rather be heartbroken just to remember all the good things, all the good memories he had with Haruto because he now realized that no amount of pain can compare to how great,  how infinite and how unconditional Haruto's love for him was. And he would always trade that love for anything in the world. Realizing his feelings for Haruto brought his real life back.

For the past couple of months, Junkyu worked on himself. The winter season became his period of recuperating. Trying to accept all that had happened to him. All the changes in his life now that Haruto is no longer with him. All the future plans they had together. It was a hard ball for Junkyu. But every day, he reminds himself how much Haruto loves him that he keeps on trying to be better.

Their love book helped him a lot. Re-reading it every day gave him strength. It somehow filled his empty heart with their love day by day. And now, Spring has begun. He felt like he is now better than ever.

The day passed by so quickly. His pastries were all sold out again. He really feels like Haruto is watching over him. His days are getting better. Sweet Dreams Pastry is doing great. Everything has been really calm and steady. Although he couldn't say that about his heart yet, he still misses Haruto every single day, he knows that no matter how small the progress is, is still progress. He just has to live his days one day at a time and let his heart heal on its own terms. He knows Haruto will be with him every single step of the way. And that's what calms him down.

"Junkyu-ya!" Yoshi called when he was closing his cafe. It's past dinner time but since the pastries were all sold out already, Junkyu closed the cafe early.

"Oh, Yoshi-ya. Why are you here?" He asked as they didn't have any plans that night.

"I was going to call you but I thought I'll just drive here and let you know." He smiled as he helped his best friend close the cafe.

"What's up?"

"Jis was planning a surprise trip for you tomorrow. Your twin is planning to kidnap you." Yoshi laughed.

Junkyu scoffed and shook his head. "Jia..."

"I like the idea of going on a trip. But I am worried about the kidnap part. Haha! You know, whenever you say no we really could not change that to yes so I don't want her plan to fail. So here I am giving you a heads up."

"Well, that is so considerate of you." It may have sounded a bit sarcastic, but Junkyu chuckled nonetheless.

"We haven't been on a trip for I don't know how long I could remember. So, I think this is a good idea, too."

"As long as we're safe, that's fine with me. You know, my sister could be a bit extreme sometimes. I couldn't match her energy. I won't even think she's my twin. We're like the opposite poles of the world."