Chapter 1

"Junkyu-ya! Here!"

Junkyu snapped his head to the direction of the familiar voice calling his name. It was Yoshi, his best friend. A college stadium full of cheering paraphernalia and screams bouncing through the corners of the place, it was their last day of their sportsfest and Yoshi invited him to watch the men's volleyball championship, the most anticipated match between the college of engineering and college of law.

He flashed a smile as he made his way to the busy elevated benches where Yoshi reserved their seats. The packed stadium showed how this match was one of the highlights of the sports festival, not only because volleyball is popular in their university as the alma mater of some of the successful professional players out there, but also because of the two captains playing against each other. This rivalry has gone for 3 straight years now. These captains had brought their teams to championship each year since they first met in the finals, but the college of engineering captain is now gripping his last ounce of luck to finally take the reign from the college of law captain in their final year.

"Here. You should have a pair, too." Yoshi almost shoved the cheering balloons to Junkyu. He was excited to say the least.

"I think you're on the wrong side of the bench, Yoshi." Junkyu chuckled at his teasing.

"I can be here and still cheer for both, you know." A soft nudge made Junkyu laugh.

"Don't you know it's bad luck when you're double-crossing your own team? We both know you want Junghwan to win."

"Well, Haruto has been the king of volleyball for quite some time now. It's never bad to retire, right?"

"On his last year? Good luck with that." Junkyu let his voice blend in the screams of their college supporters, not particularly cheering for a name.

"I know you don't like sports. But you're here to be a supportive best friend. Come on. Maybe if Junghwan wins, I'll finally muster up my courage to tell him, you know, that I like him. And also, you're not here to cheer for Haruto either, so please." Yoshi hung his chin on Junkyu's shoulder as he cutely pouted.

"Junghwan's not that hard to approach, Yoshi. We are literally in the same circle of friends. Your crush has been going on for 2 years now. You don't need to use this game as an excuse to confess. I've been telling you, I can see it. Junghwan likes you, too."

"Shh! The game is about to start."

That was Yoshi's way to dodge a bullet that is his best friend, Junkyu, again. The latter just shook his head and watched as both teams were already preparing to line up to start the match.

Loud cheers marked the beginning of the game. Both sides of the benches had their fair share of noise pollution inside the stadium that resonated even outside the venue which also attracted few more spectators.

"Go Junghwan-ah!" Yoshi screamed at the top of his lungs.

"So Junghwan! So Junghwan! Our captain, So Junghwan!"

Junkyu wasn't even paying attention to the game. He didn't even understand how the rules of this sport are, but he was having the best time of his life laughing as he watched Yoshi cheered in the tune of their cheering squad every time their college got a point. Yoshi could even stand with the cheering squad, and everyone would think he was part of them. He knew every word and timing of each cheer.

First two sets were taken by the college of engineering. It was a very close match with scores of 25-23, and 27-25. One more set and they will take the championship from the college of law.

"Are you ready to confess to your crush? What if you run down there and tell him you like him in front of the crowd." Junkyu teased Yoshi, who was already smiling from ear to ear, feeling the victory almost at hand.