Chapter 7

"He... died in the car accident, hyung."

Those words from Junghwan rendered Junkyu mute and unable to process everything he just heard. It was as if he was suddenly in a bad dream and he wanted to wake up. He thought maybe he's just dreaming because he fell asleep in his dream.

But the tears pooling in Yoshi's eyes sent needles in his chest. He had never seen his best friend cry. Or at least not in his memory.

Junkyu felt Yoshi gently squeezing his hands and that only let the truth slowly sink in him.

"You don't have to remember everything if you're not ready. You know what the doctor said. Your memories will eventually come back. You don't need to force yourself, okay? We don't want this to happen to you again."

"When did the accident happen?" Junkyu asked in monotone, voice suddenly devoid of emotion.

Yoshi sighed. "Junkyu-ya..."

His voice was almost sounding like begging his best friend to just stop asking questions.

"When did he die? How did it happen? Yoshi, please." Then Junkyu looked at Junghwan. "Junghwan-ah..."

The couple took a moment before responding, trying to be strong.

"Last year. On your birthday. A truck collided with your car that night on your way to your family villa. It was raining hard. Haruto... didn't make it to the hospital." Junghwan summed it up for Junkyu.

Junkyu felt like someone ripped his heart, too. He still didn't have any recollection of who Haruto was in his life. And the only memories he had with the man were those in his dreams which most of the time he controls.

A sudden pain in his head hit him which made him grunt and press on his temples.

"Don't force yourself to remember, Junkyu-ya. We can take it slow. We will tell you everything. Just please take a rest for now. Hmm?" Yoshi stood on his chair and aided Junkyu, trying to let his best friend lay back on the bed.

A nurse came into the room a minute later, along with Jia. She checked Junkyu and asked some questions to assess his current condition. Aside from the intermittent pain in his head, Junkyu advised the nurse that he just felt a little lethargic. After the rounds, the nurse excuses herself.

"Are you hungry? Is there anything you want to eat?" Jia softly asked. She now has calmed down.

"No. I just want to be alone, please."

"Oppa..."

"Please. I want to rest."

Yoshi silently looked at Jia and gently nodded, giving her signals that Junkyu needed some time alone to process his condition and the truth they just revealed to him.

"If you need anything, we're just right outside the door. You call us immediately, okay?" Jia planted a kiss on her brother's head and all three of them left the room.

Junkyu pulled up the blanket and covered himself up to his neck. Maybe he shouldn't have slept in his dream like he always avoided. Maybe it would've made a difference. But even with the pain and longing in his heart, Junkyu still wanted to know everything. He still wanted to remember Haruto.

Outside, Jia couldn't stop herself but to cry again. Yoshi and Junghwan enclosed her with their embrace and let her sit on one of the chairs outside.

"His first dream of Haruto was during our birthday a few months ago." Jia said when she was trying to calm down again.

"We know this will happen eventually. That someday his memories will come back." Yoshi softly said.

"But he was doing so well lately that I was too afraid remembering Haruto would put him back on his worse again. I was so terrified when he did not wake up the other day. I thought... I thought we lost him."