Chapter 21

Brooklyn's POV

Being here in Mitchell's movie theater instead of being at my dad's event with a fake smile on my face while giving a nice speech about him and his company is bittersweet. Bitter because I know I'm disappointing my family and I'll be in big trouble when I get home, but sweet because it feels good to not have to fake anything else for the rest of the night, even if it that means I'll have to suffer the consequences tomorrow. I keep telling myself not think about it, but it's hard not to when I'm still wearing this designer dress customized specifically for the occasion.

I should've asked Mitchell if I could change into something more comfortable, like one of his shirts and a pair of sweats. The idea of me being in Mitchell's clothes is kind of weird though. It'll look like something happened that didn't, or as if we're something that we're not. Maybe I'm just thinking about it too hard instead of confirming how strictly platonic and cool it would be, borrowing his clothes.

I'm dragged out of my thoughts as When Harry Met Sally starts to play on the screen. I practically had to beg him to watch it with me, but I didn't mind because it's one of my all time favorite movies. Hannah and I have watched it a million times because we love it so much, and even Ryan likes it now after we forced him to watch as well, which is what I told Mitchell to try and change his prejudgment of it. He agreed to watch it, but didn't stop himself from muttering how much of a cliche girly-girl I am, but I ignored his sly comment. When Harry Met Sally is a classic that everyone in the world should appreciate, even a bad boy.

He joins me on the recliner in the second row, not too close to me, but close enough to where I can lay my head on his shoulder if I wanted. He hands me the packs of Skittles I requested and places the large sized bowl of popcorn in his lap. If a stranger was to walk in, he would probably mistake us for best friends or maybe even a couple rather than what we actually are. Come to think of it, I don't what to call Mitchell and I. We weren't enemies before this tutoring started, but I'm sure one can say we became enemies in the start. But as time has passed, excluding the countless arguments we've had, awkward ignoring fests, and the outburst in Dr. Hines office today, it seems like our relationship is growing beyond just the ordinary tutor and student relationship. We might be starting to grow a friendship.

I don't want to speak too soon though, but he's being really nice and caring at this very moment. Although since these nice moments have happened plenty of times right before he switched back to the cold-hearted jerk I've always know him to be, I'm not going to count of this sweetness lasting too long. Hopefully Harry and Sally will at least make it out of Chicago before Mitchell has a mood swing and kicks me out again.

"I'm bored. How about we have a little fun?" Mitchell asks after about twenty minutes of what seemed to be a comfortable silence.

I roll my eyes. "Come on, Mitchell. Pay attention or else you'll miss the best scenes," I whine, pouring more skittles into my hand. "Listen to this next part."

Harry and Sally just finished eating their food, and Harry begins to hit on her. Like a normal girl would do after a guy, who isn't at all single, hits on her, Sally blows him off and begins to exit the restaurant while he follows her. After Sally lays down the law that they're only going to be friends and that they should forget this ever happened, Harry agrees. Unfortunately, he starts this rant about how a guy and a girl can never possibly be friends because they'll always be sexually attracted to each other and want to do things. The whole scene is absolutely hysterical.

"He's right," Mitchell says, digging into the popcorn.

I raise my eyebrow at his comment. I know I told him to pay attention, but I didn't think actually started to. "Are you being serious?" I ask.