Chapter 11 (Friday)

Mitchell's POV

"She told you?" I ask Jason.

"You know it. She might not admit it in public, but we're like this," he says, crossing his fingers to show how close he is to her.

"You've only been living out here for two week," I say, raising my eyebrow. "How are you so close with her?"

"A lot can happen in two weeks," he says, winking. "They're at the movie theater."

"Cliche," I say, grabbing my keys and leading the way out of my house.

For a Friday night I'm not surprised that this is where everybody is. They all follow each other around. I park my car in the front and Jason and I both hop out, heading in. I see several people from our school and that already gets me irritated. Girls start to make their way towards us with flirtatious smiles and sexy strides, but I just push pass them and everyone else until I get to the front. People groan and mutter their curse words, but nobody dares to say anything when I look at them with my icy cold eyes. Mostly everyone's intimidated by me. I don't have time for these people anyway. I left my smokes at home, and I'm all out of the ones I keep in my car.

"Hey, Mitch," says the girl behind the windows, smirking. "What can I do for you two?"

"Have you seen Brooklyn here?" I ask, getting straight to the point.

"Who?"

"Brooklyn Waters. Our school president." I shoot her a look that someone would give someone for saying the dumbest thing in the world.

"Oh, Brook? Yeah, she just went up about a five minutes ago with Jason. They bought tickets for The Guilt Trip," she says.

"Give me two tickets for that."

She quickly rings the tickets up and hands them to me. "On the house," she says with smirk as she winks.

I grab the tickets and shake my head as I walk to the escalators. I'm tired of girls just giving themselves to me. As rude as I act towards them and as much as I ignore them, it just makes them want me more. My silence is intriguing to them, my rudeness is sexy, and my face and body just completes the package. It's so simple for them. Instead of being like Brooklyn, who likes the polite, charming, social guy, the guy who feeds her compliments rather than insults, they like a guy like me. Brooklyn guards herself and doesn't parade her body around. She's smarter than them. She's different...wait! What? No, she's exactly the same. Chase or no chase, she's just like these girls.

"There they are," Jack says when we make it to the top.

I look in the direction he's pointing to see Brooklyn and Jason playing some dancing game. They're laughing uncontrollably, smiling like two over sized kids, flirting with their eyes. This is what she'd rather be doing than at my house? Of course we're just tutoring, but this little seductive game she's started, or I started, or whatever, has been getting interesting. It's much more fun and entertaining than what their doing. This has to stop.

Brooklyn's POV

"After all this time I finally got the chance to ask you out," Jason says.

I smile. "What do you mean?"

"I've been wanting to ask you out for a while now, Brook. You're just always busy, I get nervous, or someone interrupts us."

"I understand. I've actually been waiting for this date for a while now too," I admit. "But Macy got you before I could," I say humorously.

"You don't have to worry about her," he says, grabbing my hand in his. "Let's get this started." He opens the door to the movie theater with his free hand.