Chapter 150: Konoha Celebration

Today was like any other afternoon, but the streets of Konoha seemed unusually quiet. This was because it was a significant celebration for Konoha – after years of conflict with the Land of Lightning's Hidden Cloud Ninja Village, envoys had finally arrived to sign a peace agreement with Konoha.

This would signify the end of a long and brutal war, ushering in a period of peace.

"They're here!!"

"The envoys from Hidden Cloud!!"

As a few surprised voices echoed, there erupted a massive cheer on the streets of Konoha. Hearing the sounds from the surrounding crowd, Yu, leaning against the street, gently opened his eyes and looked towards the gates of Konoha, his gaze wandering.

The gates slowly opened, and a large procession entered. At the forefront were several Ninja riding horses – the envoys who had come from the Land of Lightning to sign the peace agreement.

"Yu!!"

On both sides of the street, among the Konoha ANBU Ninja teams, Yugao, wearing a rabbit-faced mask, spotted Yu leaning against the street in the crowd. Joyfully, she waved her arm towards him.

Upon hearing Yugao's faint call, Yu's gaze followed and found Yugao happily waving at him. He responded with a cheerful smile and a wave, ignoring Gekko Hayate, who stood nearby with a grim expression.

"That's the guy, huh..."

Shifting his gaze to the leader of the Hidden Cloud envoy team, a middle-aged Ninja with a stubbled face and a loosely fitted Cloud Ninja headband, beneath which he wore a black eye patch. Like Kakashi, he exposed one eye to the outside world. It seemed this guy was the one who had kidnapped Hinata, later killed by Hyuga Hiashi, leading to Hyuga Hizashi becoming a scapegoat. With mixed feelings, Yu carefully observed this Hidden Cloud Ninja.

As the procession gradually advanced, the crowded people around the streets of Konoha erupted in even louder cheers – a celebration of peace.

"It's quite unexpected."

While scrutinizing the Cloud Ninja envoy, Yu, unaware of another Ninja on horseback behind him, had already arrived in front of him.

"Isn't this the fearsome Scarlet Yu from the battlefield?"

"Doesn't seem as formidable as the legends say, just a greenhorn."

A Hidden Cloud Jonin in his thirties, exuding battlefield aura, rode up to Yu. Looking down on him, he seemed to mockingly comment.

Gradually, the cheering crowd quieted down.

All attention from the surrounding people shifted to Yu and the Cloud Ninja.

"I don't recall seeing you on the battlefield before."

Facing the Cloud Ninja's provocation, Yu glanced at him with a playful look. "If you have the time to utter such boring challenges here, I think it's better to hurry back to your village to mourn those comrades who met their end at my hands, isn't it?"

"You!!"

The Cloud Ninja growled lowly; Yu's words struck at the deepest wounds in his heart. He would forever remember the sight of his comrades, who had gone onto the battlefield and returned to the village as lifeless ice sculptures.

"Shut up! Don't forget why we came here!"

At this moment, the leading Cloud Ninja envoy interrupted him, giving him a disapproving look and casting a wary glance at Yu standing beside him.

It was this seemingly young and delicate youth who had killed numerous Ninja on the battlefield, even taking down their Hidden Cloud's Third Raikage and successfully ambushing ten thousand Iwa-nin.