Chapter 159: Elders' Lackey?

"Such a modest style doesn't seem like you at all..."

"Body flicker Shisui, I've also been hearing about you a lot lately."

Seeing the familiar smile on Shisui's face, Yu teased him, but from the depth of Shisui's eyes, Yu could still see that he was burdened with heavy thoughts.

Since the incident of the Nine-Tails invading Konoha, deliberately spread by Danzo, everyone in Konoha, except for the Third Hokage, and even the grassroots ninja, has started to suspect the Uchiha Clan. After all, the Sharingan has the power to manipulate tailed beasts, and with the deliberate instigation of those with ill intentions, the Uchiha Clan, which already had a rift with Konoha, has now been completely pushed out of the central area of Konoha.

This has made Shisui, who has always surpassed narrow-minded tribalism and been loyal to Konoha, feel the unbearable pain caught between the village and the family's divide.

"It's just my comrades showing their love. I didn't expect you, Yu, to mock me with that too."

Hearing Yu's teasing, Shisui showed a wry smile, but his pair of crimson Sharingan eyes were still staring sharply at Yu, "But I can see that Third Hokage-sama really values you a lot."

"If there's time, I really hope to have another match with you, to see how far your strength has truly reached now."

"When we complete this mission, there will be a chance..."

Upon hearing this, Yu nodded. To be honest, he also wanted to see at what stage Shisui's strength had reached.

Compared to the still-growing genius Uchiha Itachi, Shisui, at this point, was already on the verge of becoming the top Uchiha of this era, clearly on a higher level.

As the two chatted along the way, they unconsciously arrived at a rarely visited street. Across from them was the new settlement of the Uchiha Clan, relocated after the Nine-Tails incident.

Everywhere in sight were the Uchiha Clan's emblem of a flame-engulfed folding fan. Occasionally, a few Uchiha Clan ninjas would appear on the street, secretly observing Yu talking with Shisui.

It seems that after the Nine-Tails invasion incident...

The conflicts between the Uchiha Clan and Konoha are escalating...

Observing the unfriendly glances around with his Observation Haki, Yu silently thought to himself.

"That's it for now, Yu. We'll see each other in two days."

Clearly sensing the surrounding gazes, Shisui furrowed his brows slightly and halted, addressing Yu.

"Isn't this the renowned Body Flicker Shisui of our Uchiha Clan!"

However, as Shisui's words fell, a sinister voice with a touch of mockery had already come from the side. Yu and Shisui turned to see about a dozen Uchiha Clan ninjas approaching, subtly surrounding the two. The lead ninja, approximately twenty-five or twenty-six years old, had activated the three Tomoe Sharingan, and had malevolent gaze.

"Fuma?"

Seeing this Uchiha ninja with a group of clan members, Shisui's brows furrowed even tighter.

Uchiha Fuma— a Jonin of the Uchiha Clan, was a typical tribalist within the clan. Since the conflicts between Konoha and the Uchiha Clan escalated after the Nine-Tails invasion incident, many Uchiha clan members, dissatisfied with their situation, began to resent Konoha and other ninjas. Uchiha Fuma was one of the representatives of this sentiment.

"Not only did you miss yesterday's gathering summoned by the clan leader, but now you're also mingling with the lackeys of Konoha's Elders. Are you planning to betray our clan?"

After surrounding Yu and Shisui with a dozen Uchiha Clan ninjas, Uchiha Fuma stared discontentedly at Shisui.

"A lackey of Konoha's Elders?"

Hearing the blunt address from Uchiha Fuma, Yu chuckled. A surging and overwhelming killing intent emanated from him unintentionally, and the air around seemed to solidify like cement.

Although aware of the irreconcilable conflicts between Uchiha Clan ninjas and Konoha ninjas during this sensitive period, and being labeled as a member of the Hokage faction by most radical Uchiha Clan ninjas due to being the disciple of the Third Hokage, Yu, who returned from the battlefield, wasn't one to be easily provoked. It wasn't the place of a Uchiha Clan Jonin to be disrespectful towards him.

"Shut up, Fuma!"

Sensing the imposing aura emanating from Yu beside him, Shisui sensed trouble. He immediately rebuked Uchiha Fuma with a stern tone, "I missed the clan leader's meeting yesterday because I was on a mission, and Yu is the disciple of Third Hokage-sama. Watch your words and show some restraint!"

"Mission, huh?"

Hearing Shisui's reprimand, Uchiha Fuma sneered and shifted his gaze to Yu beside Shisui. "Hmph, Yakushi Yu, I know this guy is the Third Hokage's disciple, and I'm aware that his reputation has been quite prominent in the ninja world lately."

"But Shisui, knowing our current situation, why are you getting so close to someone like him? What's your stance?"

Crack!!

However, before Uchiha Fuma could finish his words, a thunderous flash of lightning streaked through the air, and Yu, who was standing beside Shisui, had instantly disappeared from the spot!

'This is... Lightning Body Flicker?!'

Sensing Yu, who was beside him, vanish like lightning, Shisui was taken aback. His crimson three Tomoe Sharingan spun frantically, immediately recognizing that Yu had unleashed a powerful Body Flicker Jutsu using Lightning Release Chakra.

Bang!!

Following a dull collision sound, Uchiha Fuma, who was in front of everyone, was sent flying like a cannonball.

"If it were on the battlefield..."

"Just now, I would have already taken your head."

At this moment, a calm voice echoed, and a faint electric arc shimmered in the air. The white-haired, black-clad Yu had already appeared in the spot where Uchiha Fuma had been standing, his face handsome yet indifferent.

"Damn... such strength..."

"The Sharingan couldn't keep up with his movements..."

After being ruthlessly thrown and crashing into the nearby wall, feeling his ribs broken by Yu's strike, Uchiha Fuma, deeply embedded in the wall, couldn't help but cough up blood. The three Tomoe Sharingan in his eyes were filled with astonishment.

Although there had always been exaggerated rumors about Scarlet Yu's prowess on the battlefield, he couldn't accept that the strength of a twelve-year-old could be so formidable.

"Fuma?!"

Seeing the powerful Uchiha Fuma being blasted away with just one strike from Yu, the dozen or so Uchiha Clan ninjas around widened their eyes. "Damn! Be careful! This guy is not an ordinary ninja..."

Super Pressure Cannon!!

Just as this group of Uchiha Clan ninjas were about to draw their weapons, a terrifying black shadow flashed by. The towering figure of Tyrant had been instantly summoned by Yu from another dimension!

Monstrous energy pads resembling bear paws manifested on its formidable hands. All the air in front of it was forcefully expelled. Before the surrounding Uchiha Clan ninjas could react, a massive shockwave from the bear paw burst forth, sending them all flying out in an instant!

----

Support me on patreon for More advanced chapters up to 50 so far patreon.com/DemonWriter