Chapter 38: The ANBU? Root!

"So... let's end it here for today!"

"Later, I still need to visit Lord Hokage's office."

The two of them walked to the intersection of Konoha Street, and suddenly, Yu stopped in his tracks. He looked at the purple-haired girl, Yugao, who stood before him and smiled.

"TheDango you gave me were delicious. See you next time!"

"Well, okay..." Although there was some reluctance in her heart, Yu said that he still had important matters to attend to, so Yugao reluctantly waved goodbye with a smile and even gave him some encouragement.

"Keep up the good work, Yu. You're the best ninja!"

"Don't worry, I won't lose to anyone."

It wasn't until he watched the graceful figure of Yugao with her purple long hair disappear at the end of the street that Yu finally withdrew his gaze. He turned and walked into a nearby deserted forest path.

Although the date with the 2D girl was wonderful, Yu wouldn't forget that improving his strength was currently his top priority.

On the road to the Hokage's office, the wind rustled the trees on both sides of the road, and Yu suddenly stopped.

"You've been following me all this time since a while ago."

"Isn't it time to show yourselves?"

Yu, who had stopped, suddenly spoke abruptly to the empty forest path in front of him.

Swoosh! Swoosh!

As soon as he finished speaking, two shinobi appeared instantly.

They both wore cat-faced masks, with one in front and one behind, blocking Yu's path.

"Are you Yakushi Yu?"

"Lord Danzo requests your presence."

The cat-faced mask ninja in front directly blocked Yu's way.

"Lord Danzo?"

"I'm sorry, I don't know him. Please step aside."

Hearing this name, Yu's heart trembled slightly, but he remained calm on the surface. He bypassed the ninja in front and continued walking.

Shimura Danzo...

In his heart, Yu couldn't help but feel a wave of emotions. He knew this character well from the original work.

Danzo, the leader of Konoha's underground organization, "Root," was the disciple of the Second Hokage, Tobirama Senju, and a rival to the Third Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi.

He was ruthless and used any means necessary to achieve his goals, with a deep and cunning mind. He was undoubtedly a sly old fox. Without a special reason, Yu didn't want to get involved with such a troublesome character.

However, it seemed that the two Root shinobi in front of him weren't going to let Yu leave so easily. They blocked his path again.

"Well, it seems we have no choice but to knock you out and take you with us."

The ninja in front pulled a sharp kunai from his sleeve, and the one behind drew a tanto from his back, surrounding Yu.

Looking at the two Root shinobi blocking his way, Yu knew that his performance in yesterday's graduation exam had attracted Danzo's attention. They wanted to recruit him into the Root organization.

"I didn't expect you guys from 'Root' to be so bold, openly attacking a fellow villager in Konoha."

Shinobi selected to join the Anbu Black Ops and 'Root' were, at the very least, Chunin level ninja.