Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 25: Daddy

Bonjour! I hope you enjoyed my previous chapter. I went to Paris a few days ago for the holidays. My legs now hurt like shell! Anyway...vote and comment! Enjoy!

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED

Violet's P.O.V

He stared at me, unmoving. I couldn't tell what he was feeling as his features were guarded. His brown hair had streaks of silver running through it, making it appear lighter. I remained frozen, unable to form a coherent sentence. Neither of us moved, just stared at each other in uncomfortable silence. The air coming in from the window blew strands of my hair, but that was the only thing that I could feel. My heart was beating erratically, so quick that I could hear it. There was no doubt that he could hear it too.

"Violet."

I jumped in surprise as Axel appeared by my side. How did I not hear him coming? Like he was reading my mind, he smirked at me.

'Alpha's talent.' He said in my head.

I laughed quietly until I heard someone clear their throat.

"Who is this?" Dad's voice was husky, like before, but deeper.

Tugging at the hem of my shirt, I replied.

"This is the Alpha of my previous pack. His name is Axel."

"The pack that kidnapped you." He stated calmly.

Biting my lip, I nodded.

"If it helps, they were good to me. Actually, I willingly joined their pack." I said, unsettled by his cool demeanour.

"I see." His voice was cold, emotionless, "I see you would prefer to leave your pack, the one you grew up with, and join a bunch of rogues. Karmen was right after all."

Axel tensed, his fists clenching. I held his hand and squeezed it, trying to calm him down. Dad's eyes zeroed in on our conjoined hands.

"Is he your mate?" He asked.

"I-"

"Yes, I am." Axel cut me off, staring dad down. They were both tall with muscular builds. From where I stood, they looked about the same height, with Axel just a few millimetres taller.

"Have you marked each other?" Dad had a glint in his eyes, one that looked threatening.

"No." Axel didn't miss a beat, "we decided to wait until after we're married."

I was impressed at his lying skills. We never planned to mark each other; at least, not until we were sure no problems would arise if we did.

Dad's eyes travelled up and down Axel, sizing him up; Axel doing the same. I bit my lip, unsure on how to break the tension.

"It was a pleasure meeting you...Axel." Dad sounded off, but I payed no mind to it. He glanced at me, "you too, Violet. I'll be sure to speak with you again soon."

Looking at Axel one more time, dad turned around and rounded the corner. I released the breath I had been holding and slumped against Axel.

"Well, that was interesting." He said, peering down at me.

"If you weren't both filled with so much testosterone, it probably would have been less awkward." I huffed, crossing my arms and walking away.

"Oh c'mon!" He exclaimed, "would you prefer it if I was like Ace?"

I froze in horror, imagining what the encounter would have been like if I was dating Ace. He probably would have ended up telling a bunch of jokes and playing armpit music.