Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 41: Say Bye

Hey! I am so sorry for the loooooooong wait. I'm currently just not feeling 'inspired' and I'm kinda more interested in my Xbox and Playstation... Oh! I got braces and my mouth hurts like a b!tch! As for the quality of my story, in my current lazy state, it probably won't be anything astonishing, but I will atleast try to make it good-ish. BTW, 'cuz I haven't updated in so long, I may have forgotten about little details or mess some stuff up. If I do, please do mention it to me so I can fix the mistake. :) Anyway, vote and comment and ENJOY!

NOT EDITED!

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 41: Say Bye

Violet's P.O.V.

"Give me a month." I said, zipping up my suitcase.

Blake's eyebrows furrowed, "a month?"

"Yes," I nodded, "I'll gather as much information about the pack as I can."

Turning my back to him, I picked up my duffel bag and lifted my suitcase. 

"But what if they don't let you come back to m- the pack?" He asked, coming closer.

I straightened up and sighed, not knowing the answer myself.

"I'll come back." I said, "I promise."

We stood in silence, just looking at each other until there was a knock at the door.

"Violet, we have to get going." Axel's voice drifted through the door.

Biting my lip, I picked up my stuff and headed for the door. My movements were halted by Blake's arm around my waist. I held my breath as he lowered his mouth to my ear. 

"You better keep that promise," he said, minty breath fanning across my face, "because if you're not back here next month..."

His lips trailed lightly against my neck and I suppressed a shiver.

"I-if I'm not back?" I questioned, voice unsteady.

I was suddenly spun around and met by glowing eyes.

"I'll let my wolf loose and come get you myself," he finished, "with or without the support of my pack."

Gulping, I nodded. His gold eyes were almost feral and I felt my wolf reacting to it.

"I better go." I muttered, but before I could turn around, he dipped his head. His lips were dangerously close to mine and I shut my eyes. The contact I was waiting for didn't come and I almost let out a sigh of disappointment when he pressed his lips to my forehead.

"I'll see you later." He murmured before pulling back.

I nodded once and smiled, "Later."

With one final glance at him, I slipped out of the room. 

"Ready to go?" Axel appeared next to me, taking my bags and I smiled.

"Yeah." Although, as we walked down the corridor, my stomach filled with guilt and apprehension, I knew that I really wasn't. 

*******************************************

My grip on Axel's hand tightened as we entered Moon pack territory. The road we were travelling on was encased in forest and shrubbery. Barely any light could be seen through all the twisting vines and interlocked branches. I didn't look out the window, afraid of what I might see. Axel slid his hand out of my death grip and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, squeezing.

"Relax. I'm here, right?" He murmured, smiling reassuringly.

I didn't make eye contact, but nodded. He was here, Axel was here. That was enough to keep me calm; atleast for the time being. We spent the next twenty minutes in silence, preparing ourselves for our arrival. It seemed as if the forest was never ending. Everytime I'd think we'd breach the forest lining, there would be more trees looming over us. It unsettled me. Blake's lands had forests, but they were predominantly made up of open fields and hills. After, what felt like, an eternity, the car stopped.