Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 23: Your Motives

Authors Note...

Hi, Sorry I have not uploaded in ages, but I've been ill for a few weeks and school has been getting harder and harder. Vote or comment if you want to. Thanks.

THIS HAS NOT BEEN EDITED!!

Enjoy!

A gasp left her mouth as she ducked and tried to hide her face.

"Brianna, what are you doing here?" I asked, folding my arms across my chest and lifting an eyebrow questioningly.

Ace stepped back and watched us.

"It doesn't matter." She grumbled, standing straight and looking me in the eye. With her heels on, she was the same height as me.

"I think I have the right to know why you are trespassing." I said amused.

Cursing under her breath, Brianna shook her head.

"Just let me go." She said, glaring at me.

I scoffed, "yeah, right."

Growling, she stomped her foot and crossed her arms. Chuckling, Ace folded his arms across his chest. I shot him an annoyed glare and looked back at Brianna.

"Look, we'll let you go if you tell us why you were going through the alpha's desk." I said simply, shrugging.

She grimaced, "I was looking for something and I would have found it eventually if you hadn't shown up."

Narrowing my eyes, I scrutinised her.

"What were you looking for?" I asked, circling around her like a predator would do to its prey.

"I'm not telling you anything." She mumbled.

Sighing, I started tapping my feet impatiently.

"I'm getting bored." I said, elongating my nails.

She gulped and began to back away.

"I-I.." She stuttered, not knowing what to say. We stared at each other for who knows how long, annoying my wolf. My blood boiled as I continued to look into her determined eyes.

"Oh for goodness sake!" I screamed, "tell me why you're here before I kill you!"

There was a loud thump from upstairs that caused all of us to jump. I averted my attention to the door as it slammed open. Ace burst out laughing at who was standing at the door. My wolf immediately calmed down as I bit my lip to keep myself from laughing. Brett stood in the doorway, panting, with his hair in a mess. He was only in his underwear and was holding a lamp shade.

"What's going on?" He asked, his eyes crazed and alert. They darted around, searching for the source of danger.

"Dude!" Snorted Ace, "you're a werewolf, you hear something downstairs and you bring a lampshade to protect yourself? You do know that there is a massive hairy beast inside you, right?"

Grunting, Brett relaxed and hung his head. Shaking my head in amusement, I turned around. All humour left my body as I stared at the open window. Brianna was gone.

"It was your fault!" Yelled Brett, seething.

"No, it was yours!" Retorted Ace, glaring at him.

Behind the two blundering werewolves, Axel and Blake waited patiently for them to finish. I sighed in exasperation and folded my arms.

"You distracted me with your neon boxers! I mean, what the hell dude? It was pink and green!" Shouted Ace, nostrils flaring.

"What does my underwear have to do with anything?" Asked Brett, "I heard a scream and did the first thing a normal werewolf would do and rushed to the scene."