Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 4: Heartbroken

Blake's POV:

"Hey dad, any signs of Karmen and Violet yet?" I asked, entering his office.

Sighing he turned around, looking tired.

"I'm afraid not, son." He answered. My father looked tired. He had large bags under his eyes and he had the faint signs of a beard. They made him look older.

"Get out," I ordered, marching up to his desk, "Get some sleep."

"But Blake.." He protested.

I shook my head and pushed him out the door, making sure to slam it afterwards.

"You're not allowed back in the alpha's office until you rest!" I shouted, sitting at his desk.

I heard him grumbling before his footsteps went away. Smirking, I ran my hand through my hair. 

"Alpha!" Nathaniel, the beta, came stumbling in.

I rose my eyebrow.

"Here is a letter from the pack that took our members." He said, breathlessly. 

Shocked, I ran up to him and took the envelope. 

I ripped it open as I walked back to the desk and took a seat.

Dear Alpha Wood,

We have taken your pack members from you, but I assure you that they are not and won't get hurt. As you know, these pack members are Violet and Karmen Wolffe. We are willing to give back one, and only one, of these girls. They are not safe to be near each other and it seems you are not doing anything about it. So, please know that our best interest lies in the safety of fellow wolves.

My sincere apologies,

Alpha Hunter

Angry, I scrunched the letter up into a ball and threw it across the room. Why did those two have to get kidnapped? Why couldn't it have been someone else? Now I have to choose between Karmen and Violet; the love of my life and my mate.

Violet's POV:

"Hey Ace?" I called, watching him doing push ups. He was covered in sweat and I couldn't take my eyes off of his bare chest. I shook my head to get rid of my bad thoughts.

"Yeah?" He asked, sounding strained.

"Have you gotten the results back? You know, if you don't mind me asking." I rushed the part on the end, not wanting to start a fight.

Standing up, Ace tried to get his breath back.

"Honestly? I'm not sure, but Alpha Hunter'll call us once he gets some news."

I nodded and bit my lip.

"You okay?" He asked, concern dripping from his voice.

"Yeah. It's just that half of me doesn't want to go, but the other half wants to get back to our mate." I explained.

"I don't mean to sound selfish, but I hope you stay here. You're awesome and aren't trying to get in my pants. All of the other girls only want me for my dashing good looks and charm." Smirked Ace, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, I'll miss you if I leave." I said, hugging him and burying my face in his chest. Ace was my first real friend and I'd be leaving soon. I'm sure of it; Karmen may be his girlfriend, but I'm Blake's mate. That's got to mean something right?