Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 47: Alpha Female

Imma thinkin' this'll be the second to last chappie and also, I'll be writing it in third person because I find it easier to write battle scenes like that, so yeah... :) And, I would've made the book longer, butttt I've kinda lost readers and it's not very popular anymore, so I'm just gonna hurry and finish it already X) You don't have to vote or anything, just enjoy. Warning: this contains graphic and violent descriptions.

Rejection and Rogues - Chapter 47: Alpha Female

She felt the ground vibrate. They were coming. Violet knew it was too good to be true - escaping so easily and then not getting caught? She was naive to think that that would be the end of it. As the people of her pack lined up on the field at their border, she felt tears prick her eyes. This was all her fault. She was selfish. All she had to do was leave, but she couldn't even do that. All because of her own interest in mind. Feeling bitter and angry at herself, she sucked the tears back in and quietly made her way to the group of people she cared the most for, more than anything. When she reached them, they all gave her a small smile and looks of reassurance, only increasing her guilt. Mackenzie stepped forward and pulled Violet into a hug, soon followed by Celeste, then Jayden, then Dante and before long, the whole group had engulfed her. That's when the tears fell. Violet's own selfishness had returned and bit her in the behind.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." She whispered, unable to manage anything louder.

She was hushed. With shaking heads, her friends let go and stepped back.

"No, it's not." Mumbled Celeste, a small smile on her face.

"Yeah," Brett chimed in, "besides, with me on your side, there's no way we'll lose."

Violet cracked a smile, albeit tiny and barely noticeable. Strong arms wrapped around her waist and she was pulled into a warm embrace. A light kiss was placed on her forehead.

"It'll be alright." Violet peeked up at Axel. He looked stressed, although just as handsome as always.

She nodded, squeezing him before letting go. The vibrations in the ground had long turned into full blown ground-shaking tremors. If she listened hard enough, she'd be able to hear the pants and pounding footsteps. Her friends excused themselves and went to get into position, leaving Violet alone.

"Everyone, positions!" Axel yelled, clapping his hands and striding to the front, easily noticeable in his dark red shirt.

With her eyes on the ground, Violet wrapped her arms around herself, hugging her torso. There was only a light breeze in the air and she was surrounded by pack members, yet she had never felt more cold and alone in her life. Someone brushed past her and she lifted her head. Blake walked past, heading for the front, alongside the rest of the pack's strongest fighters. He was clad in a navy blue shirt, the design matching Axel's. The guilt returned, but with it this time, came heartache. He was hurting. And, just like this battle, it was all her fault. Violet could only feel anger towards herself. Balling her hands into fists, she opened her mouth.

"Blake!" She called out and he stopped, muscles tense. He stayed put, neither continuing onwards nor returning to her side.

Mustering up some well needed courage, Violet approached him. Once a foot away, she bent her head forwards, even though he couldn't see.

"I'm so sorry." She said loudly, eyes squeezed shut, "I know you're fed up of hearing it. But I truly mean it. I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for dragging your pack into my problems. I'm sorry for not trusting you before. I'm sorry for being the worst mate alive. I'm sorry-"

"It's fine."

Her head shot up. Blowing out a breath, he ran a hand through his hair.

"I'll have to force myself to get over it," his eyes met hers, "to get over you. Besides, it's my fault for choosing to bring back Karmen in the first place, thinking the plan would go smoothly. I should've known you'd block me. I regret it, but there's no point in me moping anymore. You chose Axel and I'm probably just being an annoying whiny mat- Alpha to you now."