Go-Kart Mania Part 1

"GOOD MOOOOOOORNING!"

I slowly sat up in my bed, rubbing my eyes after Caine's wake up call sounded across the circus tent when a knock sounded on the door.

I got up, confused, and walked over.

"Who is it?" I asked, groggily.

"It's Ragatha! Time to get up for breakfast, new stuff!"

I chuckled to myself a little bit for no apparent reason, then changed and opened the door to meet the rag doll right outside.

"C'mon! Our food's gonna get cold!" She motioned for me to follow her, to which I did.

"Phew. I'm starving." I sighed, once we arrived in the main room.

"I wish you were." Zooble grumbled.

"Zooble! Be nice to Y/N!" Ragatha scolded.

"Fine, mom." She rolled her eyes.

Ragatha put her hands on her hips.

Everyone walked over and sat down at the long, white clothed table.

"Yum! Pancakes!" I rubbed my hands together excitedly. I picked up my fork and speared the fluffy delicacy, bringing up to my E/C eyes to examine.

"You like pancakes I can see!" Ragatha pointed out.

"Mhm!" I licked my lips as I lifted my fork to my mouth and took a bite. This was pretty good! But.. something was missing.

"What's wrong?" Ragatha asked, noticing that I had a disappointed expression.

"It's just not the same here." I looked down, saddened, as I heard Ragatha sigh empathetically.

"No it isn't, is it?"

I gloomily shook my head.

"Well it's never gonna be the same,"

"Jax.." Ragatha hissed through her teeth.

I looked up at his yellow eyes, which had a different feel than his normal sarcastic demeanor.

"But?" I asked, unintentionally scooted closer as I was eager to hear what he was gonna say next.

"But- I don't know." He quickly looked away and shoveled food into his mouth.

I looked at Ragatha and she had a smug expression.

"Was Jaxy about to get sentimental?" She teased.

"Don't call me that."

I looked at Ragatha and giggled a little bit. She smiled.

We finished breakfast and Caine appeared.

"Today's adventure is... 'Go-Kart Mania'!" He exclaimed.

"We will all teleport to a racing track where there will be 3 grand prix that will last until someone finds a hidden object!"

Yeah it's Mariokart shut up >:c (this is a joke)

"That sounds fun! Right?" Ragatha gently nudged me with her elbow. I nodded excitedly.

"First to bring the mystery item back, wins! However, you may steal the item from other players by using 'weapons'. No cheating is allowed, but there will be shortcuts you may find along the way! Now! Let's begin!"

Caine snapped his fingers and a spaceship appeared with a cartoonish poof, then motioned for everyone to step inside.

The outside looked like a round white landing pod with two big, circular windows on each side. The little grooves and such were a nice, thick black which looked quite pleasing next to the pearly walls.

The interior had a long round bench like a river rapids boat, with buckles in certain spots so the characters could secure themselves so they wouldn't fly out the window.

Once everyone was inside, Caine pushed a big, red button that was next to his seat. The door shut and a red seatbelt sign flashed.

"Buckle up my superstars!"

Everyone did as they were told.

"Hold on!"

Handles appeared on either sides of the seats and some grabbed on.

"Off we go!"

The ship rumbled then shot off into the sky, leaving a white trail behind it. Everyone was shaking violently as the spacecraft was moving towards a flat, grey surface in the middle of space.

All of a sudden the ship slowed down and the rumbling stopped, we were all floating in the middle of the digital space. I caught my breath as I stared out the giant window. I heard a light chuckle behind me, which was unmistakably Jax.

"What's so funny?" I asked with a smile.

"You just look kind of-" He started, then quit when he saw that Ragatha was glancing over with a raised eyebrow. "Nothing." He slouched down and crossed his arms lazily. I was confused.

I stared back out of the giant window as we floated away for about 10 more minutes, then the ship started up again and the seatbelt light flashed again.

"Time to land!" Caine announced.

Everyone buckled back up and grasped onto the handles.

The shuttle landed with a hard thud, which jarred everyone inside, then the noise stopped once more and the door opened.

"Here we are!" Caine made a flourishing gesture as he showed off the giant, glowing racetrack.

Caine snapped his fingers and with a poof of smoke, was dressed in a referee outfit, making everyone else dressed in racing attire that matched their avatars. The go carts appeared a distance away at the starting line.

"You already know the rules, so... Drivers! To your cars!!"

Everyone walked over and was soon seated in their carts.

"THREE... TWO... ONE... GO!!!"