Funny and Probably Out-of-Character Business

TRIGGER WARNING: Mention of drugs.

"Well, Y/N! I suppose you've gotten used to the place by now, so tomorrow, we'll go back to our normal adventures!"

"Wait what? I thought this was a normal adventure."

It was in the evening and everyone was at the dinner table enjoying some sushi made by Bubble.

"Oh no! Our normal adventures take place in fun and wacky realms of all sorts! Such as the 'Candy Canyon Kingdom', 'Spudsy's', and many more!" Caine's eyes were sparkling with excitement.

"Spudsy's? What's that?"

"It's this junky fast food restaurant where Caine gives us stupid jobs to do." Jax answered, swallowing a whole rice ball in one bite.

"It can actually be pretty fun once you understand everything!" Ragatha added.

"That's a lie and you know it." Jax butted in.

Ragatha jabbed Jax in the stomach with her elbow. He grunted then cartoonishly coughed up a chunk of his rice ball.

Everyone at the dinner table stopped when they heard the piece of food land with a dense thud on Jax's plate. They all turned their heads to face the three with confused expressions.

"Gross." Zooble's eyebrows furrowed in disgust.

"W-What was that?" Gangle asked worriedly.

"Jax ate his food too fast." Ragatha answered quickly.

"You punched me in the stomach, idiot." Jax pointed a gloved finger at her face.

She lifted an eyebrow. "You think this scares me?"

"No, but this will."

Out of nowhere Jax picked up Ragatha's chair, with her in it, and lifted it up as high as he could.

"JAX! PUT ME DOWN!"

"Told you." He winked at Y/N. She was giggling.

"THIS IS NO WAY TO TREAT A LADY!"

"Does it look like I care, Dollface?"

Ragatha growled, crossed her arms and slouched in defeat.

Jax then set her down where she was originally, seeing he got his point across, then continued eating like nothing happened.

Y/N was still laughing when he sat back down.

"Think that's funny~?" He asked her.

"A little." She wiped a tear from her eyes.

"Just watch out for later, shortie." He nudged her, but a little too hard. She started rubbing her shoulder and grinned.

"Hang on, I forgot something." Jax pushed his chair and stood up, then started walking down the hallway.

Y/N started eyeing his glass of water...

"Alright, I'm back."

"What did you forget?"

"Bag of spiders."

Y/N cocked her head and stared up at him confusedly.

"Don't worry about it." He waved his hand, then reached for his glass. Y/N was watching eagerly. He spotted her from the corner of his eye. "What're you lookin' at?"

"Nothing." She quickly replied, turning her face back toward her food and began eating again. She glanced over as she saw him take a sip.

He spat out his water everywhere.

Y/N was laughing loudly.

"Very funny. Putting salt in water is too original though. Have you tried crack?"

"JAX!" Ragatha pounded her fists on the table.

"What?"

"Don't encourage her!"

"I do what I want. You're not my mom." He casually took another bite of rice ball.

Ragatha growled again.

Jax looked over at Y/N, then leaned down to her ear. "You should try it sometime."

"THAT'S IT! I'M SEPARATING YOU TWO!" Ragatha jumped out of her chair and tried to drag Jax's away, but it was leaking loud scraping noises as it barely budged.

Jax sighed then stood up, causing Ragatha to fall from the force of her pulling his seat.

She swiftly got back to her feet and started shouting. Y/N, however, wasn't paying any attention to what she was saying. She was focused on something else...

"Jax is being oddly nice to me.." She thought. "He's always mean to everyone else."

"Hey nooby, care to help?"

She snapped back to reality and saw Jax was holding Ragatha's hands behind her back.

"What are you doing?"

"She's feral." He replied.

"JAX IF YOU DON'T LET GO OF ME THIS INSTANT-"

"It's time for bed everyone!" Caine's voice interrupted over the loudspeakers.

"Funsucker." Jax sighed gloomily and lazily let go of the rag doll's wrists. She scoffed victoriously.

"Sweet dreams!" Ragatha called, walking down the hallway.

"Have fun sleeping tonight with the spiders."

"WAIT WHAT?!"

"Goodnight~"