A Harmless Prank

I screamed at the first thing I saw...

A giant centipede.

"JAX!!!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

"You called, short stuff?" He appeared way too fast in the doorway.

"WHAT THE FREAK WAS THIS FOR?!!" I aggressively gestured towards the giant arthropod.

"Oh you mean this?" He asked calmly.

"WHAT ELSE WOULD I BE YELLING AT?!"

"You could be schizophrenic." He shrugged.

"Jax, please get this out of my room." I was rubbing my forehead.

"Whatever you say~"

"Jax- What are you- AAA"

He threw the centipede at me and it landed on my face. I froze. It was the size of my entire head. He laughed very hard.

"This isn't funny you-" I started through gridded teeth.

I stopped when he walked over and bent down, our faces very close together. My face felt hot once again and this time I was sure I was blushing. He gently reached out and grabbed the centipede.

"Why are you so worked up? There's nothing to be scared of~"

I scoffed.

I saw an idea light up in his head. I knew it wasn't good from the smirk that formed on his face.

"Hey, shortie?"

"What..?" I asked skeptically.

"Wanna help me put this in Ragatha's room?"

"Now why would I- Yes please."

He chuckled at my answer. "Follow me." He said with an evil smile, beckoning me to come.

I mirrored his evil smile and walked quietly beside him on the way to Ragatha's room. I was being careful where I stepped. I didn't want to alarm anyone.

"Alright, hold this." He dropped the centipede on my shoulder.

"JAX!" I whispered furiously.

"Shh!" His grin widened as he reached into his pocket and pulled out a purple key.

I winced and stiffened up as the centipede crawled up the back of my neck to the top of my head.

"Aww he likes you." Jax turned his head around.

"Hurry up cottontail or I'm gonna-"

"Relax, shortie. I've got it."

I heard the doorknob click, then the gloved hand twisted the round handle, the door gently opened.

"I'll be taking that back." He casually picked up the centipede like it was nothing and he quietly stepped into the room, me following shortly behind.

"Where are you gonna put it?"

"I think you mean.. 'Where are you gonna put them?'~"

He reached into his pocket and pulled out about 15 smaller centipedes.

"Real sly, bunny." I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow.

"Naturally." He replied.

We went around the room, placing the centipedes in various spots. Her bed, her closet, her sewing chest, everywhere.

"I think our work here is done." He said, putting his hands on his hips.

"I think so too."

He held out his hand for a fist bump, but when I was about to return it he punched me in the side.

"DUDE!" I stumbled back.

"Watch out! You're about to-"

Squish!

"..crush the centipede..."

A chill went up my spine.

He slowly reached into his pocket and pulled out another, almost out of thin air.

"How many more of those do you have?!" I asked, half hysterical.

"Oh.. couple dozen." He shrugged with a grin.

I giggled and playfully shoved him.

"We best run before Ragatha catches us." I suggested.

"Probably."

We both exited the room with genuine smiles on our faces.