Not Dead Yet

"Aren't you hungry?"

Everyone was seated at the dining table. Tiny was sitting in between Ragatha and Gangle, looking into space.

Tiny didn't respond. Ragatha tapped her on the arm. "You ok?" Tiny jumped. Ragatha and Gangle shared a concerned glance. "I.. didn't mean to scare you." Ragatha apologized.

"It's..... fine..." Tiny was clearly focused on something else, and it wasn't food.

"Are you feeling alright?"

"I just... need to.. get some sleep." Tiny got up and walked down the hallway.

"So what happenin' ladies?" Jax immediately took her chair. He grabbed a sandwich and plopped it on his plate.

"I'm starting to worry." Ragatha put down her fork.

"And why might that be?" He asked in a bored tone, obviously not caring.

"Tiny's been acting strange." Gangle tearily answered.

"And? What has that got to do with anything?" He took a bite of his meal.

"So you're not at all, in ANY way, scared for Tiny that she might be-" Ragatha lowered her voice to a whisper. "-Abstracting?"
"Nope." He continued eating carelessly.

Gangle gasped.

"Shouldn't we check on her?" Ragatha looked Jax dead in the eye.

"She'll get over it whatever it is."

"Are you sure? She-"

"Fiiiiine. Let's go..." He resentfully got up.

"Where are you three going?" Kinger asked.

"Patchwork over here wants to go check on the new kid." Jax pointed behind him to Ragatha.
"Ah. Good luck friends!" Kinger waved, then resumed eating.

Gangle, Ragatha and Jax were walking down the multi colored hallway, looking around for the door with her face on it.
"Here!" Gangle pointed to a dark brown door with a classic round, yellow handle. Jax pulled a f/c key out of his overall pocket and got down on one knee, fumbling in the lock.

"How, might I ask, did you get her key already?" Ragatha crossed her arms and shifted her weight to one hip. He turned around.

"Magic." He said sarcastically, while waving jazz hands. He got up and turned the handle slowly, opening the door as silently as he could. He caught his breath when he saw Tiny lying on the floor, crouched in a ball with a big, blue cartoonish puddle around her. She was shaking very hard. He brushed it off.

"See? She's fine." He whispered to the other two, but then he got knocked to the side by Ragatha and Gangle running to Tiny. "Wooooow. Such manners." He crossed his arms and leaned on the doorway, looking into the room.

Use your imagination for what you want your room to look like!

"Tiny! Are you ok?" Ragatha was shaking her gently. Her skirt was getting wet from the puddle of cartoonish tears. Tiny rolled over.

"I'm never gonna see them again.." She said very softly, the two could barely hear her.
"What?"

"My family... I won't see them ever again.. will I?"

"Oh... About that..." Ragatha started twiddling her thumbs. "You'll forget your family and friends over time. It helps, though. You won't have to constantly think about them." She chuckled nervously. "And, you won't have to worry so much."

Tiny pulled herself back into a ball again.

"Alright look shortcake," Jax crouched down beside her. Gangle and Ragatha were shocked. "Your crying is annoying. Haven't  you been just fine ever since you got here?"

Tiny curled up even tighter.

Ragatha gave him a concerned look and whispered, "Do something for once."

"Here," He rolled his eyes at Ragatha and reached into his pocket and pulled something out. "I have this for you." He handed Tiny a little blue water gun.

She unfolded and looked up at him, hesitantly taking the plastic gun. Her face was soaked with tears.

"Pull the trigger." He pointed to where it was. Tiny pulled it. The water gun then backfired and sprayed all over herself instead of hitting the big rabbit.

"JAX!!" Ragatha exclaimed.

Gangle squeaked and covered her mouth with her red ribbon hands.

"What?" He gave her an evil grin.

"WHY DID YOU-"

"You said to do something, and that's what I did." He shrugged.

Tiny sat up then scooted closer to Gangle.

"SAY YOU'RE SORRY!" Ragatha yelled.

"Ok, ok." Jax turned to face Tiny and put his hands behind his back. "I'm sorry."

Ragatha smiled.

"Not." He smugly added, pulling out a cleaver.

"JAX NO!! THAT'S GOING WAY TOO FAR!" Ragatha started toward him, then he looked at Tiny, and threw it. The knife was barreling towards her almost as fast as a bullet. Tiny braced herself then felt a wave of pain. She opened her eyes, and looked around, expecting to be in heaven, but sure enough, she was still in the room.

"What?" She whispered, reaching up to her forehead and pulling out the giant knife. She inspected it and saw no blood.
"How?" She asked him, setting down the cleaver.

Jax bowed then left the room. Tiny stared after him with parted lips.

"I-" She looked back down at the knife in her lap, then back up at a fuming Ragatha. "That was..."

"I'm sorry. You'll have to excuse him, he-" Ragatha sat down in front of Gangle and Tiny.

"It's fine.." She was dumbfounded. "Why didn't that kill me?"

"You can't die here. It's one of the actually mildly enjoyable things about this digital world."
"Hm." Tiny ran her fingers down the blade.

"Now that that's over with! Wanna have some dinner? You've definitely earned it." Ragatha got up and dusted herself off, then pulled Gangle and Tiny up after.

"Um, sure."

They all walked back into the dining room to find everyone done eating (except for Jax). Tiny was still holding the knife when she sat down.

"This is yours." She handed Jax the cleaver back.

"Oh. Thanks, shortie," He put it in his seemingly endless pit of a pocket, and continued eating.