CH: 8 Confirmation

Shubman is frantically pacing back and forth in his room thinking about the one clear sign . Is one sign enough to know you are in love ? , how are the other signs going to become visible? , does it mean that he is not in love if the remaining signs are not there? Ugh!! Too many questions . While being immersed in his impeccable thoughts his phone screen lit up . He grabbed it quickly , hoping there's is message from ishan , and he's right.

Ishan: umm, shub everyone's calling you for dinner.

Shubman : everyone?

Ishan: yeah?... I guess so.

Shubman : that means you too?

Ishan : obviously shub because I'm starving, you better get your ass down here in five minutes .

Shubman : on my way , your highness !

" And that's how it - " , siraj stops mid sentence amusingly looking at shubman passing all the meat from his own bowl to ishan's.

" What did I tell you about stopping in middle of the stories? " , Harry says looking up to meet siraj's eyes and then following his gaze landing at shubman. " Wow !" , he exclaims , causing everyone to look in that direction because nonetheless they all are same souls just in different proportions.

"Arrm... I have plenty of meat really ", ishan murmurs shyly .

" No arguments ish , you seem a lot weaker since past few weeks ", shubman complains unknown of all the eyes fixated upon them.

" Yes , ishan please do what your boyfriend says-" , Harry mimics the gesture of shubman.

" I mean it would be good if you pass some meat here too , bro-" siraj protests looking at ishan's plate , than to his own.

"You are drooling dude" , rahul nudges shubman lightly , only then shubman realises that he's been the centre of attention on the dining table. Everyone is calculating his not so friendly stares and movements for ishan , except for ishan, obviously . I have to control this wild behavior and preserve it only for the room atleast until we are maybe...... exclusive ? .

SIGN NO. 2 : FRIENDS ARE NOTICING. [ ✔ ]

One could say , that shubman's mind is driving him insane , he is desperate to know , is ishan also in love with him? , he obviously didn't notice anything strange (if it was there in ishan's behavior) in the past years because he didn't really had the idea of it , otherwise the whole series of efforts would be wretched . He turns on the tap , splashes the cold water onto his face several times until he gains the composure to be brave, to be able to ask the question.

As he enters the room he finds it empty but he does know that ishan would be in the balcony at this hour , both of them often spend few hours in the balcony at night , staring at the moon , or that's what he thought they stare at . He slides the glass door open , takes a deep breath before leaning against the balcony besides ishan . In response to the new but familiar presence ishan just shoots a faint smile to shubman. Shubman clears his throat as he feels a lump forming in it , before uttering any word.

" Hey !" , he affirms nervously chuckling.

" Hi?" , Ishan says , turning to look at shubman for a moment before moving his gaze again at the picturesque sky.

Shubman reckons to be normal , calming down his fidgeting legs ,
"What are your thoughts on love , ish ? " , he says not looking at ishan.

Ishan turns his fixated gaze from the sky to shubman, " As in ?" ,
He questions , peeking his eyes on shubman.

"As in?" , shubman's demurs in return, not getting the hang of the previous question.

"There is a lot involved in it when we talk about love , isn't? ", he responds with a smile.

" Oh ! Right " , shubman huffs lightly face-palming himself. " I mean your thoughts on falling in love " , he adds specifying the question.

" Not worth it-- "

" Scared? --"

" Of what? --"

" The person you love not reciprocating your feelings. " ,
shubman adds , curiously smiling.

Ishan backs off from the balcony marching towards the room , "Yeah , it fucking hurts when it happens " , he responds with a sigh glaring at shubman for a while before sliding the door close.

Shubhman gets stuck on the place he's standing currently, not being able to move his feet , feeling a indignant sensation remembering ishan's facial expressions from a while back . He could understand the pain his voice but the question burdening him is , with whom did ishan fell in love with?

SIGN NO . 3 YOU ARE DYING TO KNOW , IF THEY LOVE YOU TOO [✔]

After what happened previously , shubman was unable to sleep tossing around in his bed , he decided to check the remaining signs , he got up noiselessly making sure that he is not disturbing the deep slumber of the person sleeping besides him . He peeked at ishan and unknowingly a curve formed up on his face, he tucked the blanket securely around ishan and headed towards the balcony .

He adjusted himself on the laptop screen display the required web page . Despite being aware of the fact that he already is in love with his best friend , he still wanted some validation or excuse to calm his racing heart .

SIGN NO. 4 : THEY ARE ALWAYS IN YOUR THOUGHTS.

Sure it might be trite, but it's true . Ishan always occupies a major estate of shubman's mind , be it intentional or not . He remembers all those times he wanted ishan to be beside him on his dates as they weren't as fun as ishan. Even when he is doing the practice sessions his mind would wander unconsciously to ishan , thinking how he would he attempted this particular ball or how he would defend himself in this situation. In conclusion no matter what situation it is , ishan always finds a way to transpire in shubman's mind.
He stopped scrolling the web after a while because the list was never ending and he knew that ishan would feature in every single point of it.

" Shubi?" , ishan moved towards the balcony when he found the other side of the bed empty , only to find shubman siting on the chair with his face buried in his hands. , " What are you doing here?" .

Shubman looks up to meet his own gaze to a concerned one , he stares at ishan's face lit up with the dim moonlight. Peaceful .

"Ishan , mujhe hug kr skta hai?" , he says with pleading eyes.

Ishan says nothing, moves towards shubman and embraces him , shubman head on his chest in response and hands curled up in his hair . Shubman couldn't help but smile at the sudden gesture as he secures his hands around ishan waist. They stay like this for god knows how long.

-----‐----------×-----‐‐--‐‐-----

Heyyyy!!

Well , the original plot was to make shubman suffer a little more but I just can't see my babies suffering, but let's see what happens?

How was this chapter? Do tell me .